diy solar

diy solar

Daly bms driving me crazy

The only issues I had with the DALY's were fixed with the new BT dongle as it has a start button to wake it from sleep if you don't bother to set the sleep timer settings. I am running three of the 100/200 16S units and two of the packs stay well balanced at 55.2 with 5 or 6 millivolt differential. the third pack on the other hand did not receive as good of a top balance before commissioning and it shows. I had to shut that pack down, drain it till the lowest cells hit 3.3 and then use light bulb to lower a couple of cells while it sits awaiting spring so that I can pull the pack apart and rebalance them properly. but that's my error not the BMS's.

I was about to give up on DALY and even went as far as to order a chargery to play with but have not had to use it.
Yea I must have the generation just before that. Mine is asleep whenever I go to my shop but to wake it up I just unplug my hybrid inverter and plug it back in and it wakes it up.

Yea I must have the generation just before that. Mine is asleep whenever I go to my shop but to wake it up I just unplug my hybrid inverter and plug it back in and it wakes it up.
my first one was older version, when I toasted it I ordered 3 more as I planned on upgrading my pack and needed them anyways. I got the newer upgraded units when i ordered the new ones.

Yay!

Are you getting a status code or whatever its called? Before my pack was situated it'd be one cell that would be too high and give me the single cell over volt alert.

Of course. Happy to help.
No status code. The invertor/charger is showing that it's charging, the BMS seems to be shutting down charging at 53.1v but I'm not sure why yet.

No status code. The invertor/charger is showing that it's charging, the BMS seems to be shutting down charging at 53.1v but I'm not sure why yet.
Well the only options are you have a bad BMS from the factory, the charger isn't set to high enough voltage for charging, one of your charge parameters isn't right and too low or the pack is not balanced and it's sending one cell into high volt cut off before the the rest of the pack is there.
It's likely there is a code you just don't see it in time. Run through your settings and reference your battery manual making sure the settings are what they should be.

Active balance function will be available at the end of June
great can we retroactively add it to our older BMS's or do we have to buy a new one? same question for the new bluetooth app to monitor multiple BMS's without needing to close out each BMS when we swap....

Thanks for the info thanks, appreciate it. Struggling to understand difference between lvd and balance.

Yes I used a 30/5 and a 30/10 to initially top balance.
I tried that but when one would be good I'd move to another and by the time I had say 8 up to 3.65 the first one would be falling to where it started and then each one after that. It was akin to painting a bridge.
My power supply is advertised as 10A but only puts out 5 at 3.65v. I've seen it go up to 10 at a higher voltage messing around with other stuff but not at that low voltage.

Is absorption the same as boost charge voltage? I'm using an eco worthy 3500 hybrid and absorption isn't a setting but boost is.

Ok so its not supposed to balance while not in charge mode. Makes sense why I never see it toggle over off of charge mode.

Reading others posts that have 16s banks it seems they can drive their banks higher while the cells staying in balance (if that's the appropriate time to use balance). I'm at .002 to .004 while in the mid 53s but any higher I loose that .002 and it goes into the .1 and .2 and bms high cell voltage kicks in when one goes higher then 3.65 stopping my whole charge.
I had similar results. I first changed high and low volt batteries shaped positions. I checked all bms wires. Check all post. Then tried to torch each the same. Seems to have solved my problem. I am wondering if inverter charger is only charging a 4 postions. My inverter only 2 4 batteries. Does not allow me to adjust. Not sure. Hope this helps. I Aldo lowered vharhe voltage to 30. No need to have 40 my battery now stays happy around 55.2 good enough for me.

Back