diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS going on sleep mode - how to wake up ?

crozen

Hi,

My battery is connected to a 3 pole led switch. From that, i want to power accessories, for e.g. a light.
But the BMS is going on sleep mode after some time of inactivity, so i have 0 voltage (0.04v exactly) on the P- and Pos terminal.
How do you wake up the BMS for a battery power usage ? I'm not talking about charging, it will automattically wake up.
I tried to put a load : heating resistance, laptop, cordless screwdriver. None of these woke up the BMS.
I read the thread about Daly Smart BMS issues, do i always have to short the two pins or B- P- to wake it up ? It is not a normal practice, it may damage the BMS .I also have to open my box every time...

I have à 100Ah LiFePO4 12v battery and Daly Smart BMS 60A common port.
Thnx

Last edited:
The BMS itself never goes to sleep! It is only the BlueTooth interface that goes to sleep.
This is done in order to prevent the BT interface draining your battery.

In the Daly 4S BMS, the sleeptime 15300 should permanently prevent the BT from falling asleep. In the 16S DALY BMS the sleeptime must be set to 65535 to permanently prevent it from sleeping.

It might be a good thing that it goes to sleep after 3600 seconds (1 hour) because when your battery is low, even 10mA will draw .24mA per day and x 40 days will draw out 9.6 amps. I have heard that this will start to damage your batteries. The way I got around this going to sleep, is by adding a push button switch that attaches to the 2 pin connector on the other side of the BMS from the NTC 2 pin which is the temp sensor. All Daly Smart BMS's might not have this option. Just another approach.

The BMS itself never goes to sleep! It is only the BlueTooth interface that goes to sleep.
This is done in order to prevent the BT interface draining your battery.

In the Daly 4S BMS, the sleeptime 15300 should permanently prevent the BT from falling asleep. In the 16S DALY BMS the sleeptime must be set to 65535 to permanently prevent it from sleeping.
I'm aware this is an old thread however I'm new to Daly BMS :)
I just tested on my 2023 100A 4S BMS and not 15300 nor 65535 disables the sleep timer, after the appropriate amount of time the bluetooth dongle goes to sleep. Was there an update in firmware that sets another "special" value for disable? 15300s is 0xFF in minutes (8bit all ones) and 65535s is 0xFFFF (16 bit all ones) in seconds. The software doesn't accept anything larger than this so no, it is not a 32bit micro in the newer 100A 4S smart BMS ...

Appreciate any info on the matter. The BMS will work on a boat inside a watertight enclosure, it would be nice not to need an accessible button

I am currently going through the same exact issues. Batteries will be buried in boat and not accessible. Have the same new BMS as well. Have you ever been able to get a resolution?

Back