diy solar

diy solar

Daly bms, how to wire a 16s bm to work on a 4s battery?

Scph9002

Solar Enthusiast
I got a 16s smart deligreen (daly) bms and want to use it on a 4s battery temporary to test stuff while I wait for a shipment of 16s battery.

The software has the option to manually set cells amount to 4 but i dont know how to wire the 17 sense wires.

Anyone know? =)

Can you take a picture of the connector with harness attached on it to show wire colors?

Most BMSs I've seen, the connector might have the wire all the way to the right be black, and the rest in the middle might be red or white, and then the left wire red, or something. Basically, you wire it up starting from the right (black), going to B-, then move to next wire toward the left, going to next bus bar down the line. Then when you get to B+ cell where positive goes on, connect the wire all the way to the left in the BMS connector to it (leaving all the rest of the wires in between not connected. Kind of like this:

1626991509703.png

Now hopefully in your case, the power to run the BMS can be as low as 12v, otherwise you might need a 48v power supply to go on the left pin of the BMS to power it (like in the picture). Does Daly have any other manuals on enabling 4 cells only?

In my case, I have a 24s BMS, where I use it as 16s and it just skips the wires beyond what is there, but still needs the left positive to power it on.

On the other 24s Active Balancer I have wired as a 16s, I still had to wire the left wire to positive to power it on, but also had to use one of the additional sense wires (like the B3 pin in the above picture as example, to also run to B+ so it would get a voltage on the last cell in the string).

My Disclaimer: Good luck, hope you don't fry it, but just thought I'd share my info (individual results may vary) :geek:

Last edited:
I got a 16s smart deligreen (daly) bms and want to use it on a 4s battery temporary to test stuff while I wait for a shipment of 16s battery.

The software has the option to manually set cells amount to 4 but i dont know how to wire the 17 sense wires.

Anyone know? =)
You can't.

Back