diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS I have a daly 250/ 48v BMS. I need the app for it. I have tried finding one I can down load , but no luck. Can anyone help me out PLEASE

Aussie

I have a daly 250 BMS / 48v. I'm having trouble getting the app for it. Can anyone help me out. Unfortunately I don't need it for a while as three of my batteries were lost in shipping so I am going to have to replace them.

I confirm Just John comment. I have this "Smart BMS" app on android from google play but I have not tried yet If it works well.

I have a daly 250 BMS / 48v. I'm having trouble getting the app for it. Can anyone help me out. Unfortunately I don't need it for a while as three of my batteries were lost in shipping so I am going to have to replace them.
If you have 3 sets of 16 cells go missing, you might inquire if you can return the BMS. 250 amps at 48v is a huge amount of power. In the long run, you might be happier with a JBD BMS at only 100 amps. 4800 watts times 3 is still a lot of power. Don't get me wrong, I have both JBD and Daly, but the JBD is a higher quality product even if lower power.

Thanks for the advice Just John. Unfortunately , like a lot of other's, I bought from Micheal and I can not get him to respond.
I bought Keheng 280 amp Can I replace the three missing batteriers with another brand?? Not sure about compatability. Does'e anyone know where I can get Keheng batteries other then thru Micheal?

Thanks for the advice Just John. Unfortunately , like a lot of other's, I bought from Micheal and I can not get him to respond.
I bought Keheng 280 amp Can I replace the three missing batteriers with another brand?? Not sure about compatability. Does'e anyone know where I can get Keheng batteries other then thru Micheal?
If you are talking cells (not batteries, there is a difference), I've never heard of Keheng. If they are 280 amp hour LiFePO4 cells, there are lots of manufacturers, and (to the best of my knowledge) they all perform about the same once placed into a battery.

Cells that are rated 280 amp hours, doesn't mean you need a 250 amp BMS. In particular, if you are creating parallel batteries, you likely don't need anywhere near the 12 kilowatt (per battery) output. What size inverter are you using? Most 280 AH cells really prefer an under 0.5C rate, or lower if possible. That means 140 amps, and then your battery power will last 2 hours.

Lots of questions. What were you wanting to accomplish with the batteries?

Hi John. Your right , I was talking LiFePO4 cells , not batteries. I am going to replace my gell cell batteries on my stand alone solar power system. It's a 48 volt system inverted to 240 v (Australia) for house hold use. I thought some cells had different operating perameters so could not be mixed. Perhaps Keheng is a brand name.?

Hi John. Your right , I was talking LiFePO4 cells , not batteries. I am going to replace my gell cell batteries on my stand alone solar power system. It's a 48 volt system inverted to 240 v (Australia) for house hold use. I thought some cells had different operating perameters so could not be mixed. Perhaps Keheng is a brand name.?
It's likely a brand or manufacturer. If you get a different brand, it's about 98 to 99% likely they will coexist just fine. I know Australia has different laws and must pay import duties. There are reliable vendors that are well reviewed here. You should research a replacement vendor, but I can't advise you about Michael. He gave every appearance of being a reliable middle man and taking care of his customers. But for replacement cells, just make sure you get new cells, not used and abused cells.

Great news (for me). My missing batteries were delivered!
I am looking to buy a MPPT regulater. I am overwhelmed by the number of choices. Can some one help me out. I will have 8 x 200 watt panels hooked up . 16 x 280 cells for 48 v. I have been looking at victron but can't for the life of me work out which one to pick. I may expand the system in the future. Any suggestions will be more then welcome.

Stationary or mobile? For stationary use you might look for an all-in-one like a Growatt or MPP Solar.

Otherwise: With 1600W in total, your top would be 33A. On paper, in reality it will probably be around 25-27A max depending on your location and panel orientation.

For mobile, a Victron 150/35 will do the job, but with a 150V input limit you have to go to 2S4P for 8 panels, assuming the panels are around 40V each. I'd prefer a 3S3P config, but that would require 9 panels. But those 200W panels might output lower voltages

If you have shadow, it might be better to configure the panels differently.

With expanding capabilities, the Victron 150/35 isn't sufficient for much more. A decent all-in-one generally can handle more panels, in the end it's probably cheaper to get one of those than a seperate inverter and MPPT.

Thanks DJSMILEY. It is for a stand alone home system. I am replacing gell cell batteries so splitting the current system up. So I can switchback and forth from gell cell bateries to LiFPO.

Back