diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS incorrect current polarity.

cruiser711

I have installed a Daly 4s 12v 100A BMS attached to 4xCATL 302ah cells connected in series. My question is about current polarity. It appears that the battery systems appear to be working correctly, well at least I believe it is. However when the battery is drawing current, the Bluetooth ap is showing a positive current flow and when charging the current is displayed as negative. I was under the impression that these should be opposite. The B1 terminal is definitely connected to the battery negative.

Am I missing something here? Have I got a problem or this some sort of setting?

Hey, I am getting the same issue.. i have a 16s 400A daly just received few days ago. have you found a fix?

No I haven't. It seems like it may be a firmware error. No luck with getting support from Daly either. My 24v bms is fine it's just the 12v one displaying the incorrect polarity. It all works fine though.

yes.. mine too seems to be working well except that polarity. It does seem 120A versions and above have this issue sold before august. Mine is 16s 400A version.. I am trying to confirm this with mthe seller in China.

They should issue a firmware update. If yiu hear anything from them please post it here. I haven't been lucky with getting an answer.

yes.. mine too seems to be working well except that polarity. It does seem 120A versions and above have this issue sold before august. Mine is 16s 400A version.. I am trying to confirm this with mthe seller in China.
I have a 250A version and i have the same issue in that it is showing negative amps when charging. I also had other issues in that the temperature wasn’t being displayed and it was displaying another message about temperature setting. I hit the reset button and the temperature issues were resolved but I have test to test whether this has changed the incorrect negative setting.
Tim

Last edited:
Just did a quick check whilst the rain has stopped and no the reset did not correct the negative display issue. Will wait for the software update if ever they release one but I have always known that it was working.

Back