diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS install help

slowbutsure

Hi, I have just bought a Daly 8s 200a BMS. Im confused on two things:

1. There are 4 cable sets. One is the temp which is plugged in. then the Blue tooth. Then the main leads (1 black, 8 red). But there is also a lead with 4 red wires and 1 black wire. Any idea what this last one is for?

There are 5 ports

NTC, Light Board, UART, CAN/485. Then on the end there is a port with no name which I think is for the main battery wires.

2. Ive seen videos that have off the cough remarks that you have to short out two pins in order to turn the bms on. Sounds weird, but I have no idea what that is about. Can anyone explain it to me please?

Also, it didn't come with a manual. Anyone have a link to download it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, I have just bought a Daly 8s 200a BMS. Im confused on two things:

1. There are 4 cable sets. One is the temp which is plugged in. then the Blue tooth. Then the main leads (1 black, 8 red). But there is also a lead with 4 red wires and 1 black wire. Any idea what this last one is for?

There are 5 ports

NTC, Light Board, UART, CAN/485. Then on the end there is a port with no name which I think is for the main battery wires.

2. Ive seen videos that have off the cough remarks that you have to short out two pins in order to turn the bms on. Sounds weird, but I have no idea what that is about. Can anyone explain it to me please?

Also, it didn't come with a manual. Anyone have a link to download it?

Thanks.
Lol Slowbutsure you are posting everywhere ;)

Just a guess here as i dont have any of my documentation with me. It sounds like the lead with the 4 red and one black cable is for a 4S setup so in your case it isn’t needed.

I’m not sure what point you have reached in your battery construction but do not be concerned with past posts of having to short wires. I have two Dalys and you do not have to do that but it will depend on what model you have. There are a few videos on how to connect a Daly BMS.

Ah yes, I’m still getting use to the forum. I was confused about different topics in the same thread or needing a new thread. I have the bms working now.

Back