diy solar

diy solar

DALY BMS Issue BMS P- voltage = 8v vs. terminal voltage = 13v

Looks like the mosfets for charge and discharge are turned off in settings.
That may be.
On Home Screen it shows they are grayed out
But on System settings screen it shows they are on...I don’t know why on Home Screen, they only show green when I have charger connected to “wake up” BMS.

Yesterday they showed green on Home Screen and BMS would power 12v load, but today after shutdown I can’t get BMS to “reboot” or to show those mosfets as green on Home Screen.
Trying to get to the next step, but my BMS won’t take a load now.

Attachments

• D6C600FB-091D-43EA-98D9-E2D7A73BC420.png
    D6C600FB-091D-43EA-98D9-E2D7A73BC420.png
    357.5 KB · Views: 1
That may be.
On Home Screen it shows they are grayed out
But on System settings screen it shows they are on...I don’t know why on Home Screen, they only show green when I have charger connected to “wake up” BMS.

Yesterday they showed green on Home Screen and BMS would power 12v load, but today after shutdown I can’t get BMS to “reboot” or to show those mosfets as green on Home Screen.
Trying to get to the next step, but my BMS won’t take a load now.
Have you checked the discharge settings for max amps and such? Maybe try calibrate zero current? Are voltage settings correct for min max and total pack voltage? You could try remove b- and then do the process above check resistance and re connect b- then re check resistance and see if it re activates.

UPDATE so i needed to disconnect the bms to move it. I first removed the b- lead from battery. I then removed the balance lead. On re installing i first connected balance lead. I then tested resistance between b- and p- and then connected b- to battery. I then re tested resistance between b- and p-. Then i test continuity and nothing. I test voltage and still lower then pack voltage. I have repeated these steps 4 times leaving the bms disconnected for 5 mins in between to discharge any capacitors that may be holding a memory and keeping the bms in sleep mode. I don’t understand. I had troubles activating untill i did the steps in order and it worked. But now trying to repeat the process its not working.

Did you try beginning with the dual-pin 'reset'? I'd do that once after connecting the balance leads, and before verifying low resistance between "B-" and "P-" (before then connecting "B-").

Ok so it seems for some odd reason after re installing the bms i had a single cell voltage high level 2 error but My cells were all balanced at 3.56v and my settings were 3.65v for high cut off. The charge and discharge mosfet switches showed both on in the Bluetooth app but bms was not on. When i changed to 3.75v cell voltage high cut off the bms turned on. I have found also when i change some settings like cell voltage or temps the bms will turn off the mosfets but still show them as being turned on in the Bluetooth app. What works is to turn them off and oddly the bms then turns on and then it also turns the switches back on in the app?? I dont know why but it works. So on top of getting the correct method to activate it seems the bms when you change perimeters can disable the mosfets but show in the app that they are on and really confuse things. I found this after connecting the battery to a light so i could easily see what was happening. I suggest to the other user with over current issues to try cycling the mosfet switches to see if it turns back on regardless of if they say they are already on.

Did you try beginning with the dual-pin 'reset'? I'd do that once after connecting the balance leads, and before verifying low resistance between "B-" and "P-" (before then connecting "B-").
I don’t seem to have the dual pin plug on this bms. I have ordered the power light board with button as it seems it may be an easier way to activate the bms without the resistance check as iv been told by another user his client had the same activate issues and he used his light board with button and it worked.

I don’t seem to have the dual pin plug on this bms. I have ordered the power light board with button as it seems it may be an easier way to activate the bms without the resistance check as iv been told by another user his client had the same activate issues and he used his light board with button and it worked.
Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong...
But The dual ping plug reset is just jumping it. What you’re trying to avoid. Jumping it puts current thru the BMS.
I have been using a bench power supply and mine starts every time.
I would love it if another method worked beside jumping it but at this time I cannot confirm that any other method works.
Pic of power supply and BMS Connection docs Daly™️ Storefront on AliBaba sent me for reference. 05736F36-D592-4B0A-A51F-0AA13963CC62.jpeg

Attachments

• 9ae2a91f0b86137289f371050ea68ec5.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Where did you order the “light board” from?
I’m in the market for one too.
especially if nobody can confirm a method to start these things other than jumping, which doesn’t work for me, even if I use my ohmmeter to draw the resistance to zero first.
Connecting to a load works tho, I just hafta connect my inverter/charger to shore power and it powers up, I believe.

Where did you order the “light board” from?
I’m in the market for one too.
especially if nobody can confirm a method to start these things other than jumping, which doesn’t work for me, even if I use my ohmmeter to draw the resistance to zero first.
Connecting to a load works tho, I just hafta connect my inverter/charger to shore power and it powers up, I believe.
I ordered one from daly on AliExpress it was about $8

Ok so it seems for some odd reason after re installing the bms i had a single cell voltage high level 2 error but My cells were all balanced at 3.56v and my settings were 3.65v for high cut off. The charge and discharge mosfet switches showed both on in the Bluetooth app but bms was not on. When i changed to 3.75v cell voltage high cut off the bms turned on. I have found also when i change some settings like cell voltage or temps the bms will turn off the mosfets but still show them as being turned on in the Bluetooth app. What works is to turn them off and oddly the bms then turns on and then it also turns the switches back on in the app?? I dont know why but it works. So on top of getting the correct method to activate it seems the bms when you change perimeters can disable the mosfets but show in the app that they are on and really confuse things. I found this after connecting the battery to a light so i could easily see what was happening. I suggest to the other user with over current issues to try cycling the mosfet switches to see if it turns back on regardless of if they say they are already on.
Just wanted to highlight that this was also an issue in my case. And this resolution helped me resolve the problem.

My setup is a 280Ah 4S LiFePo4 + Smart Daly BMS setup with MPPT solar charge controller and DC/DC charger + load from 12V devices and 230V inverter - typical campervan setup.

I noticed yesterday that I had a 0.3V difference between the B- and P- cables. Moreover, the MPPT indicated to me that the voltage on the battery jumped between 12.7V and 13.3V and that made me think. I believe the issues might have started after I configured the Cell High Volt Disconnect (which I set at 3.35V -> 13.4V in series) and Cell Low Volt Disconnect (set at 3.22V -> circa 12.9V).

Initially the issue highlighted itself with my inverter being disconnected and beeping when the cells voltage was approaching it's top high volt value. Otherwise I couldn't observe the issue. Only when I did some digging I found that the voltage on B- and P- got misaligned somehow.

My cells were top balanced, and I was sure I correctly connected all the cables to my BMS. I made sure that there is no load or charge in the circuit whatsover (except for what's available in the LiFePo4 battery pack) and proceeded to the BMS bluetooth app to disconnect the Charge & Discharge switches in the settings.

This switched off the BMS which I could observe by the P- voltage falling down to something like 1.1V and slowly decreasing towards 0V. Interesting thing was that somehow the Bluetooth app still worked fine.

I then, using the bluetooth app, bumped up my Cell High Volt Disconnect (making sure that Battery Sum Voltage High Disconnect matches too) from 3.35V to 3.60V. In all honesty I think that any higher value that's approximately 0.25V higher than the cell high volt disconnect would've done (my cell diff protect is set to 0.25V). Once this was done I went back into the settings and switched the Charge & Discharge protection controls to ON. I then connected the Load (LED strip).

The BMS switched back on and the B- and P- voltages matched. The MPPT solar charge controller also now showed the correct voltage of the battery pack.

I hope this helps those that experience similar issues.

Cheers!

OK FIXED MINE! SO>>>>> wire the bms wires all of them to the battery. then if they are in correct order plug them into the bms as well as the temp probe and uart or bluetooth. THEN YOU MUST use the omh tester between the b- and p- wires test if showing only small number. THEN ONLY THEN attach the b- blue wire to battery WHILE KEEPING THE BALANCE NEG STILL ATTACHED. THEN check total voltage with meter on the battery positive and p- wires. if it shows correct pack voltage it will work. AND mine finally did. believe it or not you have to do it in that order. i am also told NEVER DISCONNECT BALANCE LEAD WHILE B- IS STILL CONNECTED.
What happens if you disconnect balance leads while B- is still connected? I might have done that

Back