diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS Low Temp cut off

IDMT

Tried to search this -- but has Daly finally included a low temp cut off in their units ??? Looking at a 4s 150A unit

As far as I know, they have not included it on their 'non smart' BMSs but it is on the 'smart' BMSs.

Note: The forum is full of reports of people haveing problems with the smart BMSs. There are also a few reports of problems with their non-smart BMSs. Daly may have fixed some of the problems but I will be staying away from them for the foreseeable future.

If you need a 4s 12v 150 amp BMS, JBD makes a very good one.
I own both Daly and JBD. I recommend the JBD.
Low temperature sensor works fine on both, BTW.
I would not purchase a dumb BMS.

I have a Daly Smart BMS (8s), purchased earlier this year, and it includes a low temp cut off, tested it, worked well.

Just as an FYI, this is a high quality and accurately rated BMS that I would recommend over the Daly.

The first link is now not valid, but is what I purchased and tested. The second link is valid.

Last edited:
I have recently installed a 120A 4S smart BMS unit, and it does support low temp cutoffs for both charging (default zero degrees C, I raised it a few degress using Bluetooth), and for discharge (default much lower, and not in need of "tuning" where I live). My slightly smaller 100A "smart" unit also offers both parameters, and I changed the low-temp charging cutoff in the same way.

I will guess that a"Smart" 150A Daly unit will definitely both parameters, and work well. I actually tested one of mine, setting the thermostat into a glass of ice water - and it cut off charging correctly.

I have a Daly Smart BMS (8s), purchased earlier this year, and it includes a low temp cut off, tested it, worked well.
I have a Daly dumb BMS (8s), purchased about a month ago, and it includes a low temp cut off. I have not tested it.

Back