diy solar

diy solar

Daly bms make communication with Victron energy via interface board

Damon YIP

https://www.linkedin.com/in/yip-damon-357076238/recent-activity/shares/
Daly bms now could support Victron energy via our own interface board now
also could support deye Growatt voltronic must srne Luxpower ,if you have interest please let me know

Daly is also very humbly listening to the opinions of customers, so even if it is not an energy storage project, you can leave a message if you have suggestions for improving our products. As a sales engineer, I will try my best to promote the improvement of Daly products.

you can leave a message if you have suggestions for improving our products
It would be good if you could get the basic functions working, like the password change/reset function that doesn't work through the Android App, I really don't like that anyone can pull up next to my campervan and change the settings in my Daly BMS because it's stuck with the default 123456 password that cant be changed...

also could support deye Growatt voltronic must srne Luxpower ,if you have interest please let me know

Daly is also very humbly listening to the opinions of customers, so even if it is not an energy storage project, you can leave a message if you have suggestions for improving our products. As a sales engineer, I will try my best to promote the improvement of Daly products.
Hi,
I am interested about the communication with Growatt inverters, could you tell us more?
thanks.

Hi,
I am interested about the communication with Growatt inverters, could you tell us more?
thanks.
Yes,thats for sure,i will update the settings video of Growatt spf next week when i go back office

It would be good if you could get the basic functions working, like the password change/reset function that doesn't work through the Android App, I really don't like that anyone can pull up next to my campervan and change the settings in my Daly BMS because it's stuck with the default 123456 password that cant be changed...
You are right, in fact, we can change the password, but your version may be 4S lifepo4, the chip of this product is limited, so we cannot change the password

I just received my bms smart/parallel module and interface board … but im having a problem connecting with my GSL 12K inverter… can you provide the pin out for the communication cable? Thanks

I would be very interested in a Daly interface to the Victron CerboGX. I am getting ready to put this system in and finding it difficult to also shut down a DC-DC 12/12 30 charger when the system gets to a low voltage. I believe the MPPT's I have in the system will shut down, as will the inverter's charger, but not sure how to shut off the DC-DC charger as yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It would be nice to have an interface that does all the things that the Victron battery has such as, in its cable one line is used to shut off loads if the voltage in any cell goes low (relay, I believe). There is also a pre-alarm output (relay, I believe) that gives you a signal based on a higher low voltage that gives you time to shut the loads off yourself, and an output (relay, I believe) that can shut off all chargers in your system based on any cell high voltage, low temperature or high temperature. Since they use these relays in series, with other batteries, they would have to be normally closed, so if any one relay opened, it would cause an alarm or signal to your loads and chargers to shut down. I don't yet understand how they get the cell voltage readings out of their batteries sent to the CerboGX, but it could be through these lines that are closed or just some other way. Your ability to make an interface will benefit all DIY builders, not just the ones that are replying here. Do you have any estimate as to when this will be available? Thanks again.

I just received my bms smart/parallel module and interface board … but im having a problem connecting with my GSL 12K inverter… can you provide the pin out for the communication cable? Thanks
GSL 12K seems like same as Deye,first you need to comfim you bought the bms have been set Pylon 485 or Can protocol inside it, so that first our interface board cables pin 4 is can l pin 5 is can h,let it connect with your inverter communication port ,and then select 00 (can) or 12(485)lithium mode in your inverter, that will be connect

It would be nice to have an interface that does all the things that the Victron battery has such as, in its cable one line is used to shut off loads if the voltage in any cell goes low (relay, I believe). There is also a pre-alarm output (relay, I believe) that gives you a signal based on a higher low voltage that gives you time to shut the loads off yourself, and an output (relay, I believe) that can shut off all chargers in your system based on any cell high voltage, low temperature or high temperature. Since they use these relays in series, with other batteries, they would have to be normally closed, so if any one relay opened, it would cause an alarm or signal to your loads and chargers to shut down. I don't yet understand how they get the cell voltage readings out of their batteries sent to the CerboGX, but it could be through these lines that are closed or just some other way. Your ability to make an interface will benefit all DIY builders, not just the ones that are replying here. Do you have any estimate as to when this will be available? Thanks again.
We are still developing the BMS of the relay solution, but we have no plan to apply the BMS of the relay solution to the BMS that can communicate. We read the data by sending the canbus message to Victron, Victron replies to our canbus data, and then completes the information interaction, the information will be presented on the LCD screen

GSL 12K seems like same as Deye,first you need to comfim you bought the bms have been set Pylon 485 or Can protocol inside it, so that first our interface board cables pin 4 is can l pin 5 is can h,let it connect with your inverter communication port ,and then select 00 (can) or 12(485)lithium mode in your inverter, that will be connect
I don’t think its a Deye inverter, https://www.gsl-energy.com/usa-vers...d-solar-hybrid-power-inverter-mppt-controller , the interface board is partially working only when the battery is charging, but when on discharging it gives me a Bat fault…

During charging Battery icon is yellow supposedly Green means still have a minor fault..
B2316A13-FC5F-49A0-AE49-1E54F88F1CDC.jpeg
Bms info: bat volt, percentage, temperature, Pchg, Vcharger, Imaxchg, and Imaxdischg are match with the Daly BMS the rest doesn’t.DF7CA91C-458F-43B7-A64E-A14155A4F5B6.jpeg
No error on the interface board…
31F90E42-4879-4DED-849D-5D17AE48B258.jpeg
Can you verify this document GSL support sent me about the inverter protocol for this inverter .

Attachments

• Battery CAN Protocol_20211022 -GSL.pdf
    304.3 KB · Views: 106
I don’t think its a Deye inverter, https://www.gsl-energy.com/usa-vers...d-solar-hybrid-power-inverter-mppt-controller , the interface board is partially working only when the battery is charging, but when on discharging it gives me a Bat fault…

During charging Battery icon is yellow supposedly Green means still have a minor fault..
View attachment 119414
Bms info: bat volt, percentage, temperature, Pchg, Vcharger, Imaxchg, and Imaxdischg are match with the Daly BMS the rest doesn’t.View attachment 119413
View attachment 119412
Can you verify this document GSL support sent me about the inverter protocol for this inverter .
WHat is the last board with a bunch o f led's? Is it made by daly? Does it do some logical translation to between the inverter and bms?

WHat is the last board with a bunch o f led's? Is it made by daly? Does it do some logical translation to between the inverter and bms?
Thats the Daly interface board.
It does seem to only work when the inverter is charging the battery but when it start discharging it gives a Battery fault on the inverter side..
The bat volt, percentage, temperature, Pchg watt Vcharger, Imaxchg, and Imaxdischg seen to match the with the daly bms… I think its giving me a fault when discharging because the Vcutout voltage, cellmax and cellmin is not registering with the inverter.

View attachment 119414
Bms info: bat volt, percentage, temperature, Pchg, Vcharger, Imaxchg, and Imaxdischg are match with the Daly BMS the rest doesn’t.View attachment 119413
View attachment 119412
Did you get this working with the GSL inverter yet?

Yes,thats for sure,i will update the settings video of Growatt spf next week when i go back office
Hi. Any update on video with growatt inverter? That would be great. Thanks.
Also one more nice feature of daly recetntly came out. It is Daly heating module. I ordered this and tha interface board. Will be interesting to see how it will work.

Hi. Any update on video with growatt inverter? That would be great. Thanks.
Also one more nice feature of daly recetntly came out. It is Daly heating module. I ordered this and tha interface board. Will be interesting to see how it will work.
please check the video one of my client Growatt model ,its easy to connect with interface board,just need to choose protocol in bms and choose battery mode in inverter

View attachment 119414
View attachment 119412
im sure this protocol its Pylon can ,but add one more fram about capacity in 0x359, just like a LUXpower protocol

@Damon YIP Please explian, why should I buy a board (link to that interface?) if there is another solution, witch works https://diysolarforum.com/threads/v...-daly-ant-jkbms-heltec-renogy-tian-ecs.17847/
I came to this thread because one of my Daly's has an EPROM error, but still works. Selina of Daly replied to reset the device, what is the right procedure to do so? Can you provide us with the latest firmware since the BMS monitor tool has that option?
yes,In fact, I replied to your message. In fact, you only need to disconnect the power of the BMS, unplug the flat cable and B-line, re-plug and solder the B-line to reset the BMS.

Back