diy solar

diy solar

Daly bms make communication with Victron energy via interface board

@Damon YIP Please explian, why should I buy a board (link to that interface?) if there is another solution, witch works https://diysolarforum.com/threads/v...-daly-ant-jkbms-heltec-renogy-tian-ecs.17847/
I came to this thread because one of my Daly's has an EPROM error, but still works. Selina of Daly replied to reset the device, what is the right procedure to do so? Can you provide us with the latest firmware since the BMS monitor tool has that option?
the interface is to make parallel communication and easier to connect with inverter , interface board could choose lots protocol now

Partially working… i use the interface board to communicate all my battery bank for now until Daly have new firmware to work with the GSL inverter…
I ordered the GSL inverter couple days ago and a couple wall mount battery's not gsl battery's I was to cheap lol. Hopefully I can get them to communicate using pylon. Supposedly the battery's I'm getting and the gsl inverter both use same 2.02 pylon version. I'm still pretty new to this stuff so hopefully it will work. What's your thoughts?

I ordered the GSL inverter couple days ago and a couple wall mount battery's not gsl battery's I was to cheap lol. Hopefully I can get them to communicate using pylon. Supposedly the battery's I'm getting and the gsl inverter both use same 2.02 pylon version. I'm still pretty new to this stuff so hopefully it will work. What's your thoughts?
I program pylon protocol to the interface board but im not sure what is the version…
How did you know what version of pylon protocol used in the GSL inverter?
Probably i can ask daly if they can make one..
What battery did you ordered for the inverter?

I program pylon protocol to the interface board but im not sure what is the version…
I ask Jim at gsl on version
Taico on wallmount battery's
Taico says it will work so time will tell

I haven't actually touched the GSL inverter, but it looks like he can select the battery protocol on the LCD screen, like deye, not sure if it can select 00 or 12 on it, if you could find the way to choose Pylon can version-----and also make correct pin defination connection,thats okay to communicate with it

please check the video one of my client Growatt model ,its easy to connect with interface board,just need to choose protocol in bms and choose battery mode in inverter
hi,

is there a manual for this interface board? can you kindly share?

hi,

is there a manual for this interface board? can you kindly share?
This is sent to me from one of dalys support tech…

Attachments

• DL-WNT-V1.0 datasheet of collection board.docx.pdf
    1,007 KB · Views: 108
  • Operation steps of BMS Commnicated with Inverter20221025.pdf
    796.1 KB · Views: 122
My Andriod Daly app just got updated and I tried connecting to my battery pack but the app would not show me the cell status except I update the firmware. It was kind of insisting on this "software upgrade" that needed to happen before I could do anything else. So I tried the upgrade but it keeps failing at about 58%. I have done this several times but is just keeps failing around 58%.

Is there anyone experiencing such thing and has anyone been able to have the update done successfully?

My Andriod Daly app just got updated and I tried connecting to my battery pack but the app would not show me the cell status except I update the firmware. It was kind of insisting on this "software upgrade" that needed to happen before I could do anything else. So I tried the upgrade but it keeps failing at about 58%. I have done this several times but is just keeps failing around 58%.

Is there anyone experiencing such thing and has anyone been able to have the update done successfully?
this is the message that shows up

Attachments

• daly.jpeg
    daly.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 13
Hi all,

I even tried using the PC program (PCMaster.exe) and it could not communicate with the BMS. Luck for me have another battery pack that I did not attempt the upgrade on and I was able to connect to this pack using the PCMaster.exe. I found one of my android phones that had the old bluetooth app, I was not able to communicate with the pack I tried the update on but was able to with the one I did not attempt the upgrade.

Now I am very concerned if this pack that was attempted to be updated can even protect my cells.

They Updated the App, I had the same problem, it should work now...
I'm trying to connect to an Victron Multiplus via CAN with that Interface Board, did someone managed that?
I'm not sure, but I think with usual cable it is not possible, right? I need to rewire that?
ae_1672486310939.jpg

They Updated the App, I had the same problem, it should work now...
I'm trying to connect to an Victron Multiplus via CAN with that Interface Board, did someone managed that?
I'm not sure, but I think with usual cable it is not possible, right? I need to rewire that?
View attachment 127173
You need to modify you cable.
VICTRON V.E CAN side
GND PIN 3
CAN-L PIN 8
CAN-H PIN 7

DALY INTERFACE BOARD SIDE
GND. PIN 3
CAN-L. PIN 4
CAN-H. PIN 5

Last edited:
You need to modify you cable.
VICTRON V.E CAN side
GND PIN 3
CAN-L PIN 8
CAN-H PIN 7

DALY INTERFACE BOARD SIDE
GND. PIN 3
CAN-L. PIN 4
CAN-H. PIN 5
Thanks, that was my next thing to try, I read your attachments... (y)
Do I need the terminators? On the Victron? On the Interface Board?

@GRV0423 Ok, i created the cable like that now and the packets are counting up now: (y)
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

But in the Device List still no BMS visible:
Screenshot_4.png

Any Idea what I else need to do? What abot DVCC? Turn ON or keep OFF?
Here is how my Setup looks like:
IMG_20230101_153526.jpg

I finally got my Daly smart bms, with daly interface board and daly parallel module to communicate with my 12K GSL Hybrid inverter using pylon protocol… i have 3 battery bank with different AH capacity 1st is 280 ah, 2nd is 300ah and 3rd is 160ah… I believe the daly interface board and parallel module is doing a great job keeping them balanced with almost same percentage.
E802C7CC-5099-4E1F-B976-93724C923EB3.jpeg
5DF2DB90-24BF-4AB9-A38A-C35061F28A69.jpeg
During Charging:
5CACC930-56D2-4EDA-A847-770FDB3B1071.png
During: Discharging
86BC2304-15F0-4E61-AA6E-EA445A34056B.png

Back