diy solar

diy solar

Daly bms no side plug ins for uart, bluetooth or temp sensor

joelsoleski

I ordered a 200amp Daly bms off of Alibaba and it came with no extra cords or temp sensors, and the bms itself had no plug ins ports accept for the balance leads. Did I buy a bms that I’m unable to adjust the settings? I’ve never read anything on a Daly bms that you can’t adjust. There’s no on button either. I’ve connected it to my battery but I don’t even know how to tell if it’s on or balancing.

The default lifepo4 settings on our Daly 200a Smart BMS were all over the place. As-is they would have provided very little protection. Thankfully we were able to change them.

Not being able to verify/change any of the protection parameters with a "basic" Daly would be a big concern for me.

Last edited:
The default lifepo4 settings on our Daly 200a Smart BMS were all over the place. As-is they would have provided very little protection. Thankfully we were able to change them.

Not being able to verify/change any of the protection parameters with a "basic" Daly would be a big concern for me.
Thanks for that information. I’ll figure out what the settings are set too on the Daly, but until then I’ll switch to my 120amp Overkill Solar BMS for now.

Back