diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS not charging and phone apps awful

blacksword

Anyone got any experience with a Daly Smart BMS charging Lion and it not charging?

I am trying to charge a 52v pack 14s 8p, I see all 14p sets in the phone app, everything looks to be in there, I tested all the sets when I built the pack.

The pack starts charging but the charger shows complete at 48v, the cells are set at 4.2v in the daly app, but the apps is pretty unusable on android as it wont always take a setting after entering it.

Anyone else find this with Daly and how did you get past it please?

Similar issue, but with 8S 24v. Have you solved already? I can save settings with iOS app, but SOC is literally whatever number I set it too. The biggest issue is that connecting my benchtoo power supply to Positive terminal and P- wire, and it doesn’t change. Switch alligator clip from P- to B- and it works but doesn’t show readings for current in app.

Similar issue, but with 8S 24v. Have you solved already? I can save settings with iOS app, but SOC is literally whatever number I set it too. The biggest issue is that connecting my benchtoo power supply to Positive terminal and P- wire, and it doesn’t change. Switch alligator clip from P- to B- and it works but doesn’t show readings for current in app.
"Switch alligator clip from P- to B- and it works but doesn’t show readings" is to be expected. The current would not flow through the BMS if you hook it to B- so the BMS will not see the charge nor be able to control it.

Hello, I am in the process of connecting power to my house battery so i used the blue tooth connection to the daly smart bms on my I phone. we touched a charger to the battery to turn on the bms and the app worked. we were able to see three screens of information and make a couple of changes. Then we decided that we needed to look at some official battery parameters before changing any other settings. we could not find settings for the 12v 120ah battery I built so if there is a link to bms settings I would be happy to see that.
Secondly, the app seemed to have frozen and we could not get any recognition of my system through blue tooth. There was an entry in the app store about the app saying that it goes into sleep mode and does not wake up. I tried a couple of other bms apps but could not get any of them to find my system. i am relctant to hook it all up the the alternator before I have the bms figured out.

Back