diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS off after long idle time

Moonwalker

I have Daly BMS with 4 cells for 12V battery. I am planning to install it as house battery on my boat however it is shutting off after around 2 weeks idle. It will need a little charging to turn On again. Is this normal for Daly BMS and is there a way to turn off this fault/feature?

I have Daly BMS with 4 cells for 12V battery. I am planning to install it as house battery on my boat however it is shutting off after around 2 weeks idle. It will need a little charging to turn On again. Is this normal for Daly BMS and is there a way to turn off this fault/feature?

It's normal if your battery charge is depleted.

With 'Idle' I mean fully disconnected. Bluetooth monitor shows it is fully charged but the output stays disconnected. Once I connect a charger for a few seconds the BMS starts working again.

Cells are stable at around 3.3 V each. BMS shows
- discharge MOS = ON
- charge MOS = ON

This only happens when battery is disconnected for a long time. Otherwise with frequent use the BMS works as it should.

Have you tried to swich on/off the charging/discharging from daly app ? Sometimes is forcing the inverter to read again all batery settings.
Also see if the interval do not coincide with sleeping waiting time setting.

Last edited:
What values are you using for ChargeBackupDelay and PowerDownDelay (both accessible via Sinowealth)? We used 255 for both and never had it shut down.

Assuming you have a Daly Smart BMS, you can also momentarily short the 2-pin connector next to the "Mon" or "Monitor" port to wake up the BMS (vs. using charge current).

Thanks it was the BMS entering sleep mode. Setting sleep waiting time to 15300s the BMS did not enter sleep mode and did not shut off after 2 weeks idle. So hopefully this is solved.

Back