diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS Problems

Lightful Mind Vet

I've read through the other posts, and have basically determined that I should have gotten a different BMS. But, since I'm stuck with them for now, I'm trying to troubleshoot my 4s 12v Daly BMS issues. I have 4 sets of 4 prismatic cells (EVE 280 ah) in my RV. Everything was working fine for the first two days, and then I started getting over-voltage alarms from my Victron controller. So, I tweaked the settings of the BMS from the defaults that the distributor sent. All four controllers were set identical, but one has just stopped taking input. I can connect to it via BlueTooth, but almost all of the settings are set to "2", battery type is not set, etc (I assume this is the factory default) - but, now, it won't allow me to set/modify anything.

Here are some pictures of my setup, and screenshots from the Smart BMS app.

Confirm that each and every connection is of high quality and properly torqued. Seriously.

Measure cells with a meter to correlate with BMS reported values.

Restore DALY defaults.

Set DALY to balance only over 3.38V/cell, .02V difference and only during charging.

Program MPPT to 13.8V absorption, Fixed time - 5 hours, tail current 28A; 13.6V float.

I don't know what to tell you bout the inop DALY. If there's a reset procedure, I'd try that.

Back