diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS stopped working, reading zero voltage and -40 degree temp ???

apctjb

Solar Enthusiast
Recently switched to Daly BMS. Worked fine for about 2 weeks and then disconnected loads; no currently flowing. Was able to communicate with BMS via the Daly Smart App and was showing zero cell volts, -40F temp and AFE chip error. Checked voltage at pins on voltage sensing cable and got normal voltage readings. BMS warm to touch.

I am new to Daly BMS. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

1677515400785.png

Unplug and reinstall sensing wire plug?

Thanks; gave that a try; also tried switching temp sensor with one I know is working.

Hey I had problems with my Daly BMS and they gave me their WhatsApp number +8618588226009 . I emailed them and that took like a week for them to respond. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 49AFDDFB-86C2-4DD4-9561-3BC04C8CFDAC.png
    49AFDDFB-86C2-4DD4-9561-3BC04C8CFDAC.png
    864 KB · Views: 35
Did you solve the problem? I am today facing the same problem, zero voltage and -40 deg. And are disconnected after one minute.

Contacted Daly; they had me do a number of test and after some back and forth said it was likely failed. I bought another to replace it because I was in a pinch. Not impressed with their customer service.

Not impressed with their customer service.
I had an issue with my Overkill Solar BMS. I called the number listed and a technician answered and was able to get my BMS going again. If an Overkill Solar BMS fails for any reason including you blowing it up then they will replace it free of charge. They have great customer service.

Next time I will know better; 2 out of the 4 Daly's I purchased have failed and Daly has done nothing...

Same problem occurred today at my DALY - Error “AFE acquisition chip fault”
Hope that the seller will accept the warranty because I cut off the ring lungs and put there ferrules…

Attachments

• CC1E014B-A073-4F15-9740-69C3483E96FF.png
    CC1E014B-A073-4F15-9740-69C3483E96FF.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 11
When an AFE error occurs, there is no doubt that the AFE chip is damaged due to some operations, which cannot be repaired by software. This is generally the AFE chip damage caused by the burning of the sampling resistor.

Back