diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS units and manuals

perryg114

I am planning on putting together two systems. One would be a 12V solar power system with two 200W 24V panels and the other would be a 16S 48V power pack for an EV, both are LiFePo4 100Ah. I am planning to cut my teeth on the 4S 12V system first to get familiar with the whole process of interfacing and tuning the BMS for my needs. The Daly units seem to be of good quality but there are many different ones and different features. I think I will also load test and balance my 16s system in 12V chunks. I already have a 1000W 12V inverter that I can use for load and capacity testing. I want something with at least BT and preferably something I can interface to a PC. I think UART is compatible with the USB interface? I want something I can change the voltage cutoffs to not deep cycle the batteries. Maybe an 80-20 cutoff for low and high voltages. All of these systems will be using 100A cells and I don't think I will run more than 50A charge and 100A discharge for solar. The 48V system will probably be a charge only system with conservative upper and lower pack voltages and frequent monitoring for out of balance conditions. I have thought of having a BMS that will control contactors and read shunts but that might be stage two for an active control of the load. I don't like the idea of running 300+A through a MOSFET system even if it is transient and those big amp BMS's get pricey. So the problem is there are some of the Daly BMS units that have plug in modules like BT etc and the newer ones seem to be built in. I am looking for manuals for these things to answer some questions. This one is supposed to have UART and BT communication. Not sure what UART is but it might be RS232. Also I know there are readouts that you can buy but don't see those on Amazon. So hard to tell what external models are associated with which models. This is one of the Daly BMS units I am looking at. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PFPNNJG?noLL=1&askMessage=GENERIC_ERROR#Ask

Back