diy solar

diy solar

DALY BMS, which ntc sensor?

cyborgxxl

My ntc sensor seems to be damaged because my DALY BMS shows wrong values by approx. 10C.

Does anyone know what type of ntc sensors DALY uses? DALY doesn't want to send me a new ntc sensor if I don't order a new BMS right away. ?

I believe there's a Temperature Calibration function within Sinowealth. If your temp sensor is consistently off by 10C (and not displaying random temps), then this might be something worth checking out.

My DALY dealer told me that "Sinowealth BMS Tool" ist not kompatibel with my 200A Smart BMS. Only "Daly Bms Monitor" works and there is no option to calibrating the temp sensor. ;-(

The Sinowealth software and Windows driver that's been referenced in a number of posts here on DIYsolar works with my Daly 4S 200a Smart BMS. If your unit came with a USB cable, I'd download 'em and give it a try. Dealer could be wrong.

There are a limited number of common values, if you don't figure it out you can order some from Amazon to try. Usually about $8 for a pack of 4. 10k and 100k are common values.

Mine measured 9.5k ohm at room temperature, search for 3950 sensor. I compared it to a sensor I know is 10k ohm, and that's not it. You might try a 100k sensor, another common value.

Last edited:
Thank you for this info... I think i have an 10k oder 100k from my 3D Printer. I will measure it. I think that is an 5% thermal resistor. If this works, i will buy an better 1% thermistor...

Any luck buying a replacement?

Anyone know why thermistor has 2 pin but the NTC port on DALY has 3 pin?

I'm afraid not ... I have now used the thermistor from another BMS that I am not currently using. But this is not a permanent solution ...

I'm afraid not ... I have now used the thermistor from another BMS that I am not currently using. But this is not a permanent solution ...
Did you ask Daly what value it is? Did you order a couple of different values and try? They are less than $5 on Amazon, it might be worth the time and effort.

I asked my dealer what value the NTC sensors have, but unfortunately I did not receive any useful information. I haven't had time to experiment with different ntc sensors until now.

I asked my dealer what value the NTC sensors have, but unfortunately I did not receive any useful information. I haven't had time to experiment with different ntc sensors until now.
You might try contacting Daly, most suppliers would have no clue. Always best to go to the source.

Looks like it is $5.64 including shipping.

So, I've now written with DALY. Unfortunately, they say nothing about the value of the NTC sensor. They only ever want to sell the NTC sensor. This costs only $ 1, but shipping to euros is exorbidly expensive.

I have already tried to order an NTC sensor from the "DALY Official Store". The information from the seller was that I have to order an BMS because the NTC sensor alone will not be shipped. This is once again typical for Chinese dealers.... :mad:

So, I've now written with DALY. Unfortunately, they say nothing about the value of the NTC sensor. They only ever want to sell the NTC sensor. This costs only $ 1, but shipping to euros is exorbidly expensive.

I have already tried to order an NTC sensor from the "DALY Official Store". The information from the seller was that I have to order an BMS because the NTC sensor alone will not be shipped. This is once again typical for Chinese dealers.... :mad:
That sounds like Daly. I recommend JBD exactly because of garbage like this. They really know how to shoot themselves in the foot.

That sounds like Daly. I recommend JBD exactly because of garbage like this. They really know how to shoot themselves in the foot.
Previously DALY BMS were banned from my personal projects because of random failures of hardware.

Now they are double banned for making this difficult.

I could contract and die of covid in a month, do not have time to rely on a company that does this with a critical piece of safety equipment.

Back