diy solar

diy solar

Daly bms wont stay on

Geofflew

Help needed, I have made a 280ah eve battery. I'm using a daly 250amp smart bms. I top balanced the cells and ran a capacity test. They have 288ah in them. I charged the cells back to 50%. The bms keeps turning itself off and I loose Bluetooth. It only stays on if I'm running a charge through the power supply. I read on here about setting the sleep to 15300 seconds. I've done that. I read in another thread to set it to 65535 seconds. I'm unable to change this in the settings now.
The bms shows a voltage of 0.6 from positive to negative when the bms is off. When it's on it reads 13.1.
Thanks for any advice

Help needed, I have made a 280ah eve battery. I'm using a daly 250amp smart bms. I top balanced the cells and ran a capacity test. They have 288ah in them. I charged the cells back to 50%. The bms keeps turning itself off and I loose Bluetooth. It only stays on if I'm running a charge through the power supply. I read on here about setting the sleep to 15300 seconds. I've done that. I read in another thread to set it to 65535 seconds. I'm unable to change this in the settings now.
The bms shows a voltage of 0.6 from positive to negative when the bms is off. When it's on it reads 13.1.
Thanks for any advice
I had a issue with my Daly BMS some time ago and what I did was disconnect the balance leads and and the negative then left it for 30 mins. I was able to get back into it and into the Parameter settings then restored to factory default. Then went back and put all the settings back in.

I had a issue with my Daly BMS some time ago and what I did was disconnect the balance leads and and the negative then left it for 30 mins. I was able to get back into it and into the Parameter settings then restored to factory default. Then went back and put all the settings back in.
Thanks for the reply. I will try this

I unplugged everything left it an hour. Put it back together. Still wont allow me to alter settings but it is staying connected atm and is staying on.

I unplugged everything left it an hour. Put it back together. Still wont allow me to alter settings but it is staying connected atm and is staying on.
Oh great news now at least you are getting somewhere. This is similar to what mine did but the final thing I did was go back into parameter setting and restore to factory default then rest everything. But my question is why do you want to change the sleep time if everything else is working?

I noticed it had turned itself off and the Bluetooth disconnected. I read on here someone had that problem and changed the sleep time to stop the Bluetooth disconnection if they are away from the battery. At the moment it is still connected with the desktop power off. What have settings have you done on yours?
Thanks again for taking time to reply

In the end I didn’t change anything. The Bluetooth will disconnect when you move some distance from the BMS but that is normal and you need to reconnect. Are you saying though that the BMS turned off?

Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you my settings as my caravan is 800kms (500 miles) away So i am just going on what I remember.

The bms turned itself off. I checked voltage across it. That's how I knew it was off. Plus the Bluetooth disconnect. I'm still in the building part and have yet to install battery. I need to know that it is on and stays on. Also I need to be able to check it. I hope the Bluetooth issue is solved. I'm going to run a renogy shunt and monitor aswell as the bms app.

Ok, lets take it step by step. You have connected the BMS back up and it is still on. Have you checked the voltage through the BMS? Can you post a pic of all your cell voltages also.

The bluetooth will always disconnect when it loses signal. That isn’t an issue as you just reconnect through your app.

It wouldn't reconnect via the app unless I turned the desktop charger on and then shorted the pins on the bms to get it back on. Atm the bms appears to be workimg and staying on. I will check it again tomorrow to see if its still workimg.

Ok Cell 1 is a little low but hopefully things will balance out when you connect up. Just see how it goes now and if you still have issues then I would do a factory reset.

Back