diy solar

diy solar

Daly common port BMS not charging

lhhf

I have a Daly 7s 80A/40A common port BMS (non-BT). I can discharge using the common port, however it will not take a charge using the same port.

How do I correct this? Right now, I have to charge the battery by going directly to the battery, which doesn't give any of the needed protections, and more unneeded wires.

Thanks!

Hello, I am a staff member of daly bms. According to your situation that the charging mos is not turned on, you can use the exclusion method to test. First make sure your collection cable and battery are soldered correctly, then test the voltage of each cable with a multimeter to troubleshoot the cable failure. If it is not a problem with the cable, because your bms is probably the hardware bms common port as far as I know, the way to activate the bms is to charge your load, make sure that the P-wire is connected to the negative pole of the load, and the B-wire is connected to the battery On the negative pole of the battery, and the black wire on the acquisition line also needs to be connected to the total negative pole of the battery, which can form a current loop to activate the bms. If the above methods can't be tested, I suggest you disassemble the bms and connect all the wires, and then use a multimeter to measure whether there is current flowing through the discharge mos. The last thing to remind is that your charger must be above 29.75v to fully activate bms and your ternary lithium battery. If u still have any question about bms,plz text me in the whatsapp :+86 13168984397 anytime ,i will try my best to solve ur problem!
Welcome to the forum Damon.
I look forward to your responses for daly bms.
You will be busy here, lots of daly issues.

Hi all,

How do I post a new thread about a Daly BMS issue?
Or do I just post my problem here?

Cheers,
Mikey. :)

@Sharky722 were you ever able to get your issue with the Daly resolved? I've got my Daly set up and it discharged and is relatively calibrated accurately (for the current range I can discharge at with my DC load) but I cannot get it to charge using a bench supply. My supply never goes above, say 24.5V - but usually closer to around 17.7V, and totally ignores the constant current limit I have set up with it.

I'm curious if I need a simpler type of charger like a Mean Well CC/CV LED driver that has a higher voltage minimum output range, or maybe set the discharge delay much higher so the battery pack gives a voltage output to my power supply?

What method/device were you using to charge your pack?

Back