diy solar

diy solar

DALY Lifepo4 4S 12v 100A BMS problem

Mickejo

Hi all new to the forum

I did get a DALY RO5A-FH29 BMS that does not work, when connected i only get 10v on the P-.

Anyone have a clue?

I have A daly 200A BMS that works perfect on the same battery cells.

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like a dud, what did the seller say?

Thanks, they just asked med to do the standard setup (have checked everything several times, cable-fittings etc). Well not much do then just get another one.

Bonjour,

j'ai eu le même problème avec un 250 A 16 S après discussion avec le vendeur sur Ali express il m'en ont envoyé un autre en ne payant que les frais de port (3.0 €)et maintenant tout marche très bien.

Have you charged it with > 10A? Mine wont startup until i do that.
Does it really need 10A or more? I’d heard you have to connect a charger before the BMS will wake, but didn’t realise it needs so much current!

Does it really need 10A or more? I’d heard you have to connect a charger before the BMS will wake, but didn’t realise it needs so much current!

Ive only read elsewhere it needs >10A. When i first started my BMS, i kept turning up the voltage (getting a little worried) and it sprung to life around 10A. I just tried it again - 7A was when it sprung to life. Thinking about it - i suspect it senses a deltaV as how can it measure current when nothing is flowing.

A piece of wire shorting the B- and P- has also worked.

Ive only read elsewhere it needs >10A. When i first started my BMS, i kept turning up the voltage (getting a little worried) and it sprung to life around 10A. I just tried it again - 7A was when it sprung to life. Thinking about it - i suspect it senses a deltaV as how can it measure current when nothing is flowing.

A piece of wire shorting the B- and P- has also worked.
when i connected my charger, didn't even charge yet, the bms woke up
Thanks guys. I guess it makes sense that a short circuit appearing across the input leads would cause the BMS to wake up, because if it were fitted to an e-scooter fleet and a user comes along and hits the throttle lever, that’s going to present a short to the BMS at which point it’s going to be expected to provide some power. Maybe there also needs to be some kind of current flow in the right direction, as people have mentioned that a multimeter continuity checker will only wake the BMS when connected with the correct polarity, so the BMS perhaps needs a small potential difference.

@Jejochen, your charger probably has a big capacitor on the input, so if that were discharged when you connected it, the BMS would briefly see a short. If the charger has been recently used, the capacitor might already be full and not seen as a short circuit by the BMS, which might explain why others find the BMS doesn’t wake until it’s actually charged (or their chargers have smaller caps which don’t present enough of a short circuit to wake the BMS upon initial connection)

I see that in the “smart BMS” app there is the opportunity to edit the “sleep wait time” and the Daly documentation reveals that it can be disabled entirely by setting the delay time to 65535 seconds, so that’s an option if the sleep function becomes bothersome.

3CCD360D-2FBB-47CC-883C-A5B2A0DBCD18.jpeg

I can't give up more than 3,000s
I’m also finding I can not adjust the “sleep time” setting. Has anyone successfully changed this to 65535? In the screenshot on the Daly website it shows the battery type has been set, but although I see a picklist, I cannot set battery type - maybe that’s related to not being able to set the sleep time?

Edit: see also this post I just made on the other thread about this BMS, which shows which pins on the BMS should be short circuited to activate the BMS. With multiple threads on the go it’s hard to know which one to post info in, but I’m taking the view the other thread is the main one for this BMS.

A79A748A-6962-4B8B-8590-32C6CAF37D71.jpegC155B222-1A01-49F4-A2A8-90E0FEDC1A9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm a new member and this seemed like a good topic for my first post.

I have a Daly 16s smart bms. When I first connected it and did a power failure test I received a "discharge temp low level 1", and "charge temp low level 1" faults with a "num of temp -40". I do not have a temp sensor attached nor could I find a disable temp sensor setting. I did find in the collect board settings where "board 1 temp num" was set to 1, the other two were set to 0. So I set this to 0. The "num of temp" now shows 0. However another fault popped up with diff temp level 2, and the other faults went to Level 2 as well. Just on a whim, I set the diff temp protect from 15c to 0. This has no effect that I can see. However I am still in a position where I can't use the battery without the bms shutting it down due to these faults. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and this seemed like a good topic for my first post.

I have a Daly 16s smart bms. When I first connected it and did a power failure test I received a "discharge temp low level 1", and "charge temp low level 1" faults with a "num of temp -40". I do not have a temp sensor attached nor could I find a disable temp sensor setting. I did find in the collect board settings where "board 1 temp num" was set to 1, the other two were set to 0. So I set this to 0. The "num of temp" now shows 0. However another fault popped up with diff temp level 2, and the other faults went to Level 2 as well. Just on a whim, I set the diff temp protect from 15c to 0. This has no effect that I can see. However I am still in a position where I can't use the battery without the bms shutting it down due to these faults. Any help would be appreciated. :)
You need an NTC thermistor connected to the correct port on the BMS, otherwise it will not work (as you found out).

Back