diy solar

diy solar

Daly Minimum Current Charge?

wpduhe

I have a Daly 16S Smart 200A BMS. I've noticed that the mobile app only ever seems to show charge current at greater than 2A. Does Daly BMS have an actual requirement of at least 2 amps to charge the battery? I wouldn't be asking this question had the battery (with no load) not dropped from 73.1% to 73% this morning. I've attached screenshots from the Victron SCC showing 1.8A to the battery and the Daly BMS not showing any current.

1659119398635.png1659119431086.png

No it just has a minimum to show on the app. Anything under 2 amps it assumes is 0 because of inaccuracies. This is strictly just for your visual, and it will not prevent small amounts of current.

As far as victron showing 1.8a going in, im assuming that 1.8a is being used by standby consumption of another unit. Thus, nothing is actually going into the BMS.

No it just has a minimum to show on the app. Anything under 2 amps it assumes is 0 because of inaccuracies. This is strictly just for your visual, and it will not prevent small amounts of current.

As far as victron showing 1.8a going in, im assuming that 1.8a is being used by standby consumption of another unit. Thus, nothing is actually going into the BMS.
Thanks for the quick response. Currently, I'm only charging this battery for the first time, so the only components in the system right now are the panels, the SCC, and the BMS. I really hope that 1.8A is going into the battery even if the BMS won't show it. Otherwise, cloudy days will prove even more detrimental than I had initially thought.

The SOC indicator on the Daly BMS is also known for not being extremely accurate for some. Especially with the first charge.

Back