diy solar

diy solar

DALY SMART BMS 16S 100A many errors : - (

JaroWD

Hello,
in my li-ion pack 16S9P I have a DALY smart bms 16S 100A with bluetooth. The week worked very well, but now that I connect via BT I see a few errors. It doesn't show me volts, temperature,.. Shows EEPROM err, AFE COLLECT chip err... All cables are good. The battery can be discharged and charged. When I turn off the discharge in the application, the battery still works. The voltage is 66V, which is ok.
When I switched the BT module from another pack, it was still a problem. So the error is in the BMS itself, not only in BT module.
I can change the settings, password in the application. I tried to reset the factory settings but it doesn't work. My settings are still there.
I don't know if there is a fault in the BMS and it doesn't work at all or in communication and it just doesn't show voltage.
Has anyone met anything like this? Is it possible to test whether balancing and protection work?
I've been waiting for two months and it's already broken. Well thank you :- (

Attachments

• 1654422629258.jpg
    1654422629258.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 49
Did you connect your sense leads correct? And start wiring #1 at the negative side of the battery and #17 goes to the positive side.

Everything is well connected. BMS worked for a week and then stopped. It is an internal bms error :(

unhook it and replace it. I had one that did the same and it was internally dead and will not shut off charge/discharge. unit is fried per the DALY folks. if you continue to use it it will allow your batteries to overcharge.
I had the same issue about a year ago and fired it while trying to get the damned thing to turn on. since they started selling the BT dongle with the pushbutton this problem is pretty much unheard of, I have had no issues since i replaced the burned unit.

edit for clarity: the main unit is burned out...not the BT dongle. hooking/unhooking improperly or with the older units touching the leads to get it to turn on could cause a inrush current spike that fries the unit. DALY fixed it with the new turn on procedures using the BT dongle or lightboard.

I disassembled the battery pack, disconnected the BSM wires that go to each series .... After reconnecting, it started to work:) I'm happy

Reactions: Rho
I disassembled the battery pack, disconnected the BSM wires that go to each series .... After reconnecting, it started to work:) I'm happy
I did same checking all post and connections. Mine works great now

I did same checking all post and connections. Mine works great now
The voltage sense wires are pretty sensitive I had a similar problem when first setting up. Found the bad connection by testing each lead point in the modular plug with a multimeter. The voltage needs to add with each consecutive lead. Once I found the bad lead I recrimped on a new terminal.

Reactions: Rho
I have a new 7S 24v 60A R25T1-*-HJ25. I'm having the same issue as described here. In my case it has never worked normal. One thing to add: The BT connection drops consistently after about 1 min.
Measuring all the voltages at the BMS unit clip connector are appropriate. Measuring resistance from the battery connection point to the same (clip) connector all show between .5-1ohm. Since this is the only thread I've been able to find with search terms "daly bms afe err" next I will rebuild (re-solder) the BSM wires.

Attachments

• IMG_3135.PNG
    IMG_3135.PNG
    443.7 KB · Views: 23
Try turning off the temperature sensor in the settings. You need to change the 1 next it to 0 to shut it off. As long as it is reading -40C it will keep shutting down.

Try turning off the temperature sensor in the settings. You need to change the 1 next it to 0 to shut it off. As long as it is reading -40C it will keep shutting down.
NVS Thank You for the suggestion. It still does has the same symptoms but at least a couple less errors

Attachments

• IMG_3137.PNG
    IMG_3137.PNG
    331.9 KB · Views: 15
Just to make sure, when you wired the sense leads you started with #1 between the positive and negative bus bar on cells 15 and 16? Your voltages should increase by 3.2 volts working backwards from main negative terminal. It's easy to cross a lead when dealing with 16 sense wires.

You will also have these errors if your cells are to far out of balance. Did you top balance all your cells in parallel before connecting them in series?

NVS. I had given up and had packaged the unit up to return, was typing in that message and I noticed a forum popup that indicated there were more responses in this thread. I've been very cautious with the sense wires but your second recommendation may be my issue. Here are my voltages:
3.94, 3.90, 3,92, 3.91, 3.85. 3.84. 3.88
My intention is to use the BMS for the charge side only. I had used the battery pack in my application but did not rebalance after acquiring the BMS.
I'll match them up and give it another shot. THANK YOU

Reactions: NVS
I adjusted the 7 cells to all be 3.90v No go I get the same result as my previous image. I also tried to turn off active balance to see if that made a difference.

Sounds like you've done all you can. Hopefully you can return it for another one.

Having similar issue; Worked for a couple of weeks and then started showing errors; no current will pass BMS

1677518902233.png

Same problem occurred today at my DALY - Error “AFE acquisition chip fault”
Hope that the seller will accept the warranty because I cut off the ring lungs and put there ferrules…

Attachments

• 3A1B71E5-CB5A-4DCB-9BAC-4991DB1426B4.png
    3A1B71E5-CB5A-4DCB-9BAC-4991DB1426B4.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 11
Back