diy solar

diy solar

Daly Smart BMS 250A 4s Never powers up

Iceman218

Received a new BMS from Daly on eBay. Top balanced the cells to 3.65V then assembled to get 14.6V (has dropped to 14.0 since then). So no cell issues.
Connected the cell sense harness and checked continuity and individual pin voltage step was correct.

Then plugged in the harness to the BMS and connected the B - to the battery. 14V from B- to B+. But the Daly P- to pack B+ measures 3.52V.

When I disconnect the cell sense plug, nothing changes, pack still reads 14V but P- to B+ reads 3.52V.

Sure seems defective to me but as a neophyte I may be missing something. Any ideas?

You may need to apply a charge voltage or short the specific pins if yours didn't include a 'wakeup' button.

The Daly guy also says I need to discharge a bit and then charge the pack as Carlrx7 said. Out of town now but will try this next week. Thank you for the advice.

Carlrx7 was correct. Hooked up a charger and the BMS turned on and bluetooth functioned. My bad as without a charger or load connected, the BMS stays in sleep mode. A multimeter alone with not wake it from sleep. Actually a wise function.

My 4S would not turn on either following all suggestions
The supplier sent me the Lightboard and hey presto all go.

Once I installed the pack into the camper, at every check the Bluetooth is connected. Not once since I had to wake it, seems it is always awake now. And my hightec active balancer keeps the pack at less than 0.01V balance. Happy with the pack.

GUESS, YOU HAVE ALREADY RESOLVED THE ISSUE. JUST LEAVING THIS OUT THERE FOR SOMEBODY WHO MAY RUN INTO THIS ISSUE. i wish i had this info, as i experienced same challenge on my daly bms.

if your bluetooth dongle has a black dot at the end of the dot. thats the on switch, to turn on the bms or reset it

I've collected a bunch of help on the topic.

Back