diy solar

diy solar

Daly Smart BMS 4S SH39F003 Firmware

Tiger666

Does anyone have where we can obtain the latest firmware for this BMS? I seem to have an issue where it's stuck with some wrong parameters and cant be changed. The parameters are the battery type and cell reference.

Do you mean when you save parameters then try reading saved parameters the shipped settings are still there?

I have never used the ble app so not completely familiar...but my understanding is some require a password "123456"...while making changes via a computer i had to input 2 values for each setting...a warning level(alarm) and a protect level(cut off) not sure if that helps.

I have never used the ble app so not completely familiar...but my understanding is some require a password "123456"...while making changes via a computer i had to input 2 values for each setting...a warning level(alarm) and a protect level(cut off) not sure if that helps.
Yes you are correct. Thanks for the reply. I've done that. It's a firmware bug I'm sure.

I have just reached out to Daly who seem pretty responsive. I will post my results over the weekend

I have received a new firmware version which has resolved the above issues! See resources section.

Great news...can you send me your contact at daly, i asked mine for a firmware update to fix the "only balancing while charging" and was to there is none lol

Great news...can you send me your contact at daly, i asked mine for a firmware update to fix the "only balancing while charging" and was to there is none lol
I believe that is 'by design. They are resistive load, not distributing from the high cell is my understanding.

How do you imagine that it can obtain an effective balance charging voltage when it is not being charged? ".04" Volts from a neighbor cell isn't going to accomplish much, IMO.

How do you imagine that it can obtain an effective balance charging voltage when it is not being charged? ".04" Volts from a neighbor cell isn't going to accomplish much, IMO.
If one cell is high and the bms cuts off (ovp) atleast it will bring said cell down allowing the bms to restart...rather than doing absolutely nothing because it only works during charging....

If one cell is high and the bms cuts off (ovp) atleast it will bring said cell down allowing the bms to restart...rather than doing absolutely nothing because it only works during charging....
That would be desirable, but it would probably require a pretty large change in BMS microcode - if not actual wiring.

It should be purely software as all your changing is the trigger for balancing...cell voltage only not cell voltage plus incomming current...they obviously dont want to do it so i might end up scrapping using these bms's...glad i didnt buy enough for all my modules one time.might end up being a waste.

Well, some parameters won't update at all. Battery Type and Cell Parameters
It can be really finicky. For example the cell voltage can't be changed until the maximum charging voltage is changed. Took a while to find that out. Also its slow to update, you have to be patient to see if it has taken the input rather than bashing more keys and wondering why it doesn't work. However, I was able to change the type and size okay. The cycle count never works and the SOC is optimistic at best. But you know what, doesn't really matter. After all what's the difference if it reads 80 or 90%? do you care. With lead acid I really tried to get to 100% often, but with LFP, well after a summers use I just accept its about xx% charged and only start to worry if the trend is downwards each day then do something about it.

Back