diy solar

diy solar

Daly Smart-BMS and IOS App stop working

XvGt

Hello ,
I create this new thread about Daly Smart BMS. Many posts recently about Daly BMS issues , this one is about the iOS app last update.

I have read that many of you have been able to communicate with Daly. How do you do guys ?
I have tried via the AliExpress chat ( Daly official store) , email to Daly@dalyelec.com , to the commercial from Daly that sent me the invoice ... no answer so far .

I have read most post relative to the recent Daly firmware update nightmare and Android App

I have 2 x Daly Smart BMS (18650 4S BMS - SH39F003) and since the last update on iOS (v2.0.1) , the app doesn't show any information. It connects via BT, I can see both BMS but no data are displayed.
I have installed, uninstalled the App , reboot my iPhone , plug and unplug the BT module, same result for both BMS.

I doubt that the firmware has been updated like in the Android issue, and both BMS seems to work correctly.
I don't have the UART to USB adapter ( only the monitor- USB cable) to connect a PC.

Following what I have read on the AppStore review, I'm not alone in this case.

Does anyone have the same issue?
Does anyone have a backup (.ipa file) of a previous version (2.0.0 or even better 1.x) ?
Do I need to upgrade the firmware for compatibility with the new release?

Hopefully, they will publish a new version for the CNY ?

(NOTE : For anyone looking for info about what BMS to choose for their project : don't buy any DALY stuff : pieces of crap with a clown band as developers)

I've got the same issue, connected it to my computer but cant read any values or perform updates with the PC software either.

I'm in contact with tech at daly . They are supposed to supplied me a new firmware . I asked the reasons for having to update the firmware.
I am uncertain if I will get an answer. An aftermath of the big mess with unwanted Android App firmware update?
Otherwise, you can try the solution in this thread : https://diysolarforum.com/threads/daly-bms-connected-bluetooth-but-no-data.53068/
It appears that you need to download another App (similar to Smart-BMS 1.0) , reset the BMS and you are good to go .
I have downloaded the App but not try the procedure yet as I'm touring in the mountain .
In your case, I believe you just need to reset the BMS (disconnect the balance leads) .

I will post here if I got any lead from the Daly guy (but pretty hopeless)

I've already disconnected the BMS, without any result. I'm using the iOS App smart BMS, there is no other choice on iOS, isnt it?
The procedures in diysolarforum dont work for me.

I have you tried the app (SBT) mentioned in the thread?
It is important that you don't use the smart-Bms app after resetting your BMS; otherwise it will crash again the com module .
Only use the SBT app .
I will be able to test the procedure today .
No hope from the people at Daly . They are incompetent . I have been in touch with 4 of them. I explained in detail my issue ( I'm on IOS) and they're still asking me to upgrade to the last Android release .

I really hope that newcomers looking for info about what BMS to choose, will be warned by the number of topics relative to Daly issues and incompetence of their whole crew : commercial, support, dev ....

I confirm that the procedure described here works fine (link in previous post)
Remove the Smart-BMS app , download from the store the SBT application.
Reboot your BMS by disconnecting the batteries lead cable harness from the BMS.
Reconnect it.
Make sure your BMS is awake.
Et voilà , the SBT app shows real-time data as it should .

I'm still in contact with the Daly support. Even if we have a working solution, I'm curious to see where it goes .
So far, after 10 times asking me to download the last Android App and answering that I'm on iOS
They finally mentioned that the last iOS version is 2.2.2 which is obviously not available ( or even exist) on the App Store .
to follow

I confirm that the procedure described here works fine (link in previous post)
Remove the Smart-BMS app , download from the store the SBT application.
Reboot your BMS by disconnecting the batteries lead cable harness from the BMS.
Reconnect it.
Make sure your BMS is awake.
Et voilà , the SBT app shows real-time data as it should .

I'm still in contact with the Daly support. Even if we have a working solution, I'm curious to see where it goes .
So far, after 10 times asking me to download the last Android App and answering that I'm on iOS
They finally mentioned that the last iOS version is 2.2.2 which is obviously not available ( or even exist) on the App Store .
to follow
Good luck! (y)

This message appeared on my iphone after seeing a message on the app saying a firmware is available. Tried the 123456 password and 000000 but they don't work, so can't install it.

Anyone else seen this?

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_1224.PNG
    IMG_1224.PNG
    428.7 KB · Views: 15
Nope. What version of the App is it ? (iOS?)
If you don't experience any issue, I would not recommend updating the firmware.

I tried to get a clear answer from different sources from daly regarding the connection problem.
Some person here seem able to exchange with some kind of competent Daly staff but I have got that luck.

I tried with the last release (2.1.0) but with the same result, no more data displayed in the application.
After resetting the BMS and connecting with the SBT application, everything runs fine again.

I have ordered the last BT module (B40, with the switch) . That could be the issue. The old version (B30) seems to bug with the smart_Bms app after version 2.0.1.

I will post here as soon as I can run the test ;

The IOS app version is 2.1.0 and the battery says its 210402. Now if this is a date, its wrong because I bought the battery in 2021.

This is the second drop in battery with a Daly 150A BMS. Its a little slower to connect but worked until recently. Now the display give the option of single cell, parallel or series cells. However, it does struggle to connect regularly normally solved with a phone reboot. ☹️ but we get there eventually. Haven't used it much because its cold in the UK at the moment. Temperature is 5c on board.

Have just downloaded the SBT software so will give this a try next weekend.

Last edited:
So downloaded the SBT App from the Apple store and went down to the boat. The SBT App instantly found the Daly BMS and connected to it in seconds showing the SoC and cell voltages etc. This compares with a least 20 seconds for the Daly BMS to show up on their app and another 30 seconds for data to be displayed.

Confusingly the app looks nearly identical to the Daly app apart from a small image of a battery with a green leaf towards the bottom of screen.

One thing I forgot to do is see if I can change the setting via the SBT app. Has anyone done this and did it need a password etc?

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_1234.PNG
    IMG_1234.PNG
    632.6 KB · Views: 16
I have been able to change settings with SBT and you have to use the password but I used an older iPhone 6s I haven’t tried the reset after trying to use the old app. I must give it a go

Interestingly the message that I posted above has now gone and the Daly BMS is working as normal. I haven't knowingly updated the phone app or the BMS software. Very odd.

I had the same problem and have been waiting 3 months for Daly to fix the app. However, I eventually gave up on them and decided to try the SBT app. After installing SBT, resetting the BMS and running SBT, I was able to monitor my battery bank with the SBT app. Thanks!

Note that I will be now researching a non-Daly BMS to replace my 4S 250A module. Any recommendations?

Perhaps look at the JBD or Overkill that Andy on off street garage (YT) has been testing for a while. If money is no object the X2 looks interesting but no experience. Rec is another make that could be worth a search:

HI all. New here. I have a new homebuilt battery [ 560Ah 8 cell 12v config [4p4s]...and a new Daly 250A SmartBMS. I am trying to get the app for my phone [Android] so I can access and control/set parameters etc. The sparse ppw that came with the BMS has QR codes which take me to a foreign site that I cannot get anything from. Does anyone know how or where to obtain this app so I can get into the bms...set parameters etc? [Yes this is my first time at this...I am new to 'Lifepo4'...solar in general...but learning.]

Back