diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS android app question

Texas-Mark

Solar Addict
I think I figured out what most of the setting do in the app, but under parameter settings, what does the "zero drift curr calibration" button do? I don't want to press it until I know what it is for.

Also, what exactly triggers the balance slider on the main page. It seems to turn on and off randomly and I can't seem to tell what is triggering it.

<edit> One more question. What triggers a "cycle" count on the main page?

Last edited:
Also, what exactly triggers the balance slider on the main page. It seems to turn on and off randomly and I can't seem to tell what is triggering it.

<edit> One more question. What triggers a "cycle" count on the main page?
'balance slider' > it's not an interactive slider, but an indicator showing the BMS is balancing the cells

'cycle count' > going to (close to) 100% and going to (close to) low voltage cut-off and back up.

'balance slider' > it's not an interactive slider, but an indicator showing the BMS is balancing the cells

Right. I guess I was trying to ask what the criteria it for it to go in and out of balance mode (and if any setting controls it). I'm assuming some cell differential value. It seemed to go on and off so fast, that I never really got to see what the cell voltages were.

cycle count' > going to (close to) 100% and going to (close to) low voltage cut-off and back up.

Ok, so just close. I have been doing some small discharges to see how things work and it still has not incremented.

Right. I guess I was trying to ask what the criteria it for it to go in and out of balance mode (and if any setting controls it). I'm assuming some cell differential value. It seemed to go on and off so fast, that I never really got to see what the cell voltages were.

Ok, so just close. I have been doing some small discharges to see how things work and it still has not incremented.
There's a setting for the balance voltage, it will do this while charging.

You need to charge and discharge quite a lot, not just a little, I believe (from my testing)

Back