diy solar

diy solar

Daly/Smart BMS app password

mmal231294

Hi Guys
I have searched the forum and it appears I am in the minority who has a password issue with the app I downloaded for my Daly 200amp Smart BMS. I have tried 123456, 000000, 111111, 654321 and 696969(idk just being thorough ;). These passwords don't work so I can't make changes to the "parameters". I can see the status page but no changes. I emailed the peeps I bought the BMS from yesterday, they sent a video which seemed geared towards making sure the bluetooth on the phone was on and the location services were allowed. They are. In their video they use 123456, and it works. I did notice a couple things. In her video the app "status" page, at the bottom shows a battery serial number and software version and they show values. In my app those field are blank. Is that a clue? Did you guys have to "associate" the app with bluetooth module or bms somehow? Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201112-090513.png
    Screenshot_20201112-090513.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20201112-090539.png
    Screenshot_20201112-090539.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 58
Don't have a Daly, but on other devices when the default password from the manual doesn't work, I generally have to do a a "factory reset" to get the default working again. Hope that helps!

Strange I can't see a battery serial number and the Software Version on your screenshot.

Solved. The seller got back to me. The unit she sold me has the ability to see SOC thru the bluetooth...but not make changes. "So sorry, you want to buy new model".....grrrrrr. So I will need to either buy a premade UART cable or fab one up myself. Will repost for this. Thanks guys.

Solved. The seller got back to me. The unit she sold me has the ability to see SOC thru the bluetooth...but not make changes. "So sorry, you want to buy new model".....grrrrrr. So I will need to either buy a premade UART cable or fab one up myself. Will repost for this. Thanks guys.
Did she give you a link for the new one? I know everyone keeps saying overkill unit, but it's lack of mounting ability and lots of open busing aren't really up my alley.

Even after selling me a BMS "with bluetooth" that is like read only...she wants to sell me more crap. POS. I am still researching. Looks like 3 pins, transmit, receive and ground.

I have same problem with daly bms from icgogogo store. seller send me bms 250A 12V with parameters for 24 volts battery.
if you have the right password, let me know pls.

regards tom from germany

I have same problem with daly bms from icgogogo store. seller send me bms 250A 12V with parameters for 24 volts battery.
if you have the right password, let me know pls.

regards tom from germany
There is no password that will work. You, and I, bought earlier models or knock off Daly BMS with the ability to "monitor" via bluetooth but not make changes. But if you have a uart connection you can use Daly software to make changes via your computer. The shady Chinese sellers will not refund nor exchange these units. 3 wire UART to USB is what we need to figure out.

I just installed a Daly Smart BMS 200A and the passcode was 1 2 3 4 5 6......I changed it to x x x x x x and it works just fine. Mine was purchased in October 2021 and just waiting for me to have time to do my battery build

It seems there are limited versions on the market without the option to use or change the password.
Apart from that, there are daly Bluetooth modules with switch and without.
My daly 150A smart used 654321 as password before I changed it.
BTW changing it generated an error code but it did change.

It seems there are limited versions on the market without the option to use or change the password.
Apart from that, there are daly Bluetooth modules with switch and without.
My daly 150A smart used 654321 as password before I changed it.
BTW changing it generated an error code but it did change.
Yep, mine also came with the Bluetooth module that does have the button on it to turn on the BMS.

Here is also Daly 16s 100A and 123456 works out of the box, maybe you have used device or somebody else changed pass. Try to do factory reset.

Back