diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart bms battery cell count

WalterL

Hi, I just installed a Daly smart bms for my 16s 120Ah LiFePo4 battery. It seems to work but I cannot change the number of cells from 4 to 16 by use of the Android app. Other settings can be changed. Had anyone this experience?

Regards,
Walter

Can you post a couple screen shots of what you’re looking at

Hi, this is the relevant screenshot shot I guess (in german). The number of cells cannot be changed from 4 to 16.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-105222_SMART BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-105222_SMART BMS.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi, I just installed a Daly smart bms for my 16s 120Ah LiFePo4 battery. It seems to work but I cannot change the number of cells from 4 to 16 by use of the Android app. Other settings can be changed. Had anyone this experience?

Regards,
Walter
The most obvious question is 'is it a 16s bms'?

What voltage are you trying to run the pack at? 48?

Yes it is a 16s 48V lifepo4 battery and the bms should match. I contacted the daly support and they offered me to send the bms back or to get a new one with 50 percent discount. I ordered a new one and will give it a try tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210816_180130.jpg
    20210816_180130.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 10
Yes it is a 16s 48V lifepo4 battery and the bms should match. I contacted the daly support and they offered me to send the bms back or to get a new one with 50 percent discount. I ordered a new one and will give it a try tomorrow.
Ah you should have fought a little harder. They tried that with me to buy another for 50% off. Bad company when they won’t stand behind their product but if people keep paying more money they might as well keep sending out junk ones. They ended up saying they will replace mine if I send them the old one which I’m sure they will replace the bad part and resell it at full price. We need some more user friendly bms options

Ah you should have fought a little harder. They tried that with me to buy another for 50% off. Bad company when they won’t stand behind their product but if people keep paying more money they might as well keep sending out junk ones. They ended up saying they will replace mine if I send them the old one which I’m sure they will replace the bad part and resell it at full price. We need some more user friendly bms options
You are right. But I didn’t want to wait weeks for transfer the bms to China, repair and transfer it (hopefully) back to germany. The delivery of the new bms was really fast: it took about 2 weeks.

You are right. But I didn’t want to wait weeks for transfer the bms to China, repair and transfer it (hopefully) back to germany. The delivery of the new bms was really fast: it took about 2 weeks.
Can you change all the other settings like temp, low and high voltage?

Can you change all the other settings like temp, low and high voltage?
Yes. I did not try all of them but several settings like temperature, voltages seemed to work. Today I detected the small button on the Bluetooth dongle, which should be the activation button for the bms according to several users.

I’m not surprised, my new Daly 16S 250A switches to Lithium Titanate. ☢️

It’s not just the BMS’s and Batteries that need better QC over in China. HVAC stuff is the same way. US companies either aren’t engineering it with quality or they aren’t ensuring it’s up to their standards.

Back