diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS CAN interface

syphear

Hi all, I have just put together my first Lifepo4 diy battery. 16 Eve 280ah cells in series with a Daly 100a BMS.

My problem is when the BMS switches off charging the battery for any reason my Sungrow SH5K-30 inverter throws a fault.

I want to use the CAN communication form the Daly BMS to the inverter but I have not been able to find any wiring diagrams. Do you actually need to buy the Daly CAN interface module, and have the CAN output from the BMS go into the first port on the interface then output from the second port to the inverter?

My inverter is compatible with a few different server rack type battery brands including LG Chem, Pylontech, GCL, BYD and Tawaki.

Hi, I have the usb-can module by Daly too, did you find an answer to your question? I'm interested too. Thanks
Marco

My problem is when the BMS switches off charging the battery for any reason my Sungrow SH5K-30 inverter throws a fault.
The BMS is not supposed to be switching off at all, its only in the system to disconnect the battery before cell damage occurs due to an out of range condition. If the Inverter charge & discharge volts and amp settings are selected properly the battery never gets to a critical level such that the BMS has to intervene. I'm not sure if the Daly CAN protocol will work with a Sungrow inverter but it should not be necessary, although is nice if one can get it to work reliably.

Back