diy solar

diy solar

Daly Smart BMS Help

ozman

I need some help with my Daly Smart BMS 8s 150a. I got Signature Solar's 8 cell pre welded battery pack, very good deal IMO. Wired up the BMS, may have moved a little too fast attaching the leads, and accidentally connected the negative balance lead to the last cell instead of the first cell (the same one as the P-). It was attached to the negative terminal of the last cell though, but I'm thinking this may have screwed something up. Anyway, no big sparks or smoke or anything, it's all wired correctly now, but I'm only getting 10 Volts now through the BMS. Got 3.2 on each cell, 26 on the whole pack, but consistently only 10 volts through the BMS. Unable to connect bluetooth app, or even directly to PC via the USB cable. The PC software shows I'm connected, but no values show up. Hoping I didn't fry it and it's in some kind of safe mode, but I can't figure out how to "reset" it. I tried putting a charge to it, still 10 volts. Any ideas? Is there a tech support phone number in the US? Much appreciated.

I usually jumper battery negative and p- together for a few seconds, and that turns it on.

I need some help with my Daly Smart BMS 8s 150a. I got Signature Solar's 8 cell pre welded battery pack, very good deal IMO. Wired up the BMS, may have moved a little too fast attaching the leads, and accidentally connected the negative balance lead to the last cell instead of the first cell (the same one as the P-). It was attached to the negative terminal of the last cell though, but I'm thinking this may have screwed something up. Anyway, no big sparks or smoke or anything, it's all wired correctly now, but I'm only getting 10 Volts now through the BMS. Got 3.2 on each cell, 26 on the whole pack, but consistently only 10 volts through the BMS. Unable to connect bluetooth app, or even directly to PC via the USB cable. The PC software shows I'm connected, but no values show up. Hoping I didn't fry it and it's in some kind of safe mode, but I can't figure out how to "reset" it. I tried putting a charge to it, still 10 volts. Any ideas? Is there a tech support phone number in the US? Much appreciated.
Hi Ozman, I had a similar issue at one time when I did something wrong but connecting to the wrong negative should not be a big issue.

On some of the smart BMS‘s they have a removal temperature sensor. Firstly, take that out then unplug the sensor leads. Next disconnect the BMS from one of the battery terminals. Wait a few minutes then connect the BMS back up, plug the sensor leads back in and then connect the temperature sensor if your is removable.

Is there any connection at all to the blue tooth app. I held the button down on the Bluetooth transmitter for a good few seconds to get the signal to work.

Last edited:
Back