diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS issue

Blizzard

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have a 24v 200A Lifepod witch I added a Daly 8S 100A. The battey bank is mounted on a cherry picker...
The BMS connects to the app, I can connect with the laptop but there is no juice through the BMS to the load.
How can I test that?
What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Form the Netherlands,

Jaap

Sounds like you need to activate the BMS. Just do a search here for "activate Daly BMS" there are several ways to do it.

+1…..it’s asleep. Quickest solve is apply charge through a benchtop power supply. Out of curiosity is the battery for the cherry picker? Just being nosey

I did the activation procedure by putting a 24v load on. Without that the BT would not work also isn't it?

It shouldn’t connect to the app if it’s asleep. Are you sure you’re not exceeding the amp draw causing it into protection?

I started charging and it took right off. My Daly connects when it feels like it. Put 15300 in for seconds under settings and that helped a little keep it awake.

I don't like a BMS witch doing its own mind ?
Anyway sofar this forum is awesome.
I'll hit the charger tomorrow.
Thanks for the anwers sofar

It shouldn’t connect to the app if it’s asleep. Are you sure you’re not exceeding the amp draw causing it into protection?
I can activate the Daly with the button on the status board. The bars will light up after 3 seconds pusing the button. At this time i am not pulling anyting

I can activate the Daly with the button on the status board. The bars will light up after 3 seconds pusing the button. At this time i am not pulling anyting
So then are you saying once you activate it, you can't power/move the cherry picker? If that's the case, I would check all of the connections on the load side because it may not be a battery related issue. Any chance you have another 24v load you can try it on to make sure?

Activate is a onetime operation I assume.
The button is a wake-up button. Thats what I meant.
The load side is divided by an Anderson 350A plug. There is also no power (~1 volt) so the Daly is blocking it.
When I get there I will put the cherrypicker on 230v.

Activate is a onetime operation I assume.
The button is a wake-up button. Thats what I meant.
The load side is divided by an Anderson 350A plug. There is also no power (~1 volt) so the Daly is blocking it.
When I get there I will put the cherrypicker on 230v.
The "wake-up" button is what I meant so we are talking about the same thing. If you're reading/can adjust settings/etc. in the BMS after pushing that button and it's reading all the voltages correctly (individual cells etc.) then it's functioning. Can you access the inside of the battery to be able to test voltage before the Anderson? Check in the App and make sure the "batt off" isn't highlighted as well.

Now, as a side note, if the Cherry Picker is pulling more amps than the thing can handle, then it could be going into protection mode.

The hydraulic pump draws 70 amps according the service manual.
But is only activaded after activating a switch. It starts to run, then you can pull another lever to go up or down. In this situation the amp draw will rise

Does it mention a “start up” or “inrush” when the key is turned? IF the cells read correctly inside the case then it seems you’re down to two possibilities; bad Anderson plug or ur amp draw is exceeding the max the BMS is set to allow. Definitely rule out the first before the latter

If I measure on the + on the anderson and the blue wire on the daly I get 26v (being the - on the pack)
On the - on the anderson zero.
So it is pointed to the interior of the daly
Can I see in the app whether the mosfet or relais is triggered/closed?

I don’t think the app shows much outside of the “batt off/batt on” switch and possibly the error code that tripped it but I’m my memory isn’t what it used to be. I can look tonite. The Blue wire is connected to the Batt-, so you’re just reading the pack. Guessing you can see if the Anderson is wired correctly? Out of curiosity can you wire the thing to the battery without using the black?

Yes, go around it. Lots of people use their BMS for charge only this way. Not saying it’s the right choice long term, but you at least start to narrow things down and maybe use the lift. Wouldn’t be a horrible idea to put a current meter on the lift to see what it does draw while you’re at it. If the BMS is awake you’ll be able to see the discharge of the cells in the app.

what errormessage do you get in the app? Is discharge enabled in the app?

Seems like the discharge mosfet is broken. I would try get a new one on warranty. If you ordered from china they may ask you to do some testing on video.

Back