diy solar

diy solar

Daly Smart BMS - odd behavior

Check your firmware version. It must be at least version 20210222. All older ones have problems and sometimes show strange current and voltage values (short time). You can see the installed Version in the Read Param TAB on the PC Software or on the first Page in the BMS App.

View attachment 46610

Attached the Firmware 20210222-1. But check first Your Hardware Version HD version. I only tested the Firmware on the Hardware DL-BMS-R32-01E. It is very stable, no knowing problems for me. The SOC is very accurate in my installation.
Good work - the new BMS i just recieved is this version - it is basically dead on arrival though! The version is what you are showing here!
Have downloaded from your link thanks Bud.

my 400a 8s smart bms show the current going in and out the opposite way around. so when im charging at say 10a it says -10a for example.

Where show this 'wrong'? On The mobile App or on the PC App? The RAW Data on the RS485 Bus are exact like this (wrong way). That is 'normal'.

On the Bluetooth app its wrong way around. It makes me wonder if the bms is going to actually protect current limit settings if it thinks its discharging when its actually charging.

Yes it is confusing. But DALY shows it like this. Minus amps when the battery is charging.
What is perhaps worse is that their PCMaster software V 1.2.5 does not show up any English - only Chinese!
I have upgrade the only working BMS as requested from Daly from 2021021-1.01T to what WAS the upgrade which worked, then the 20210222-1.01T which consequently saw the BMS acting up with error messages and neither software V 1.1.5 or 1.2.5 giving any readouts.
I decided to try and 'Upgrade' back to th eprevious version and thank g### that was accepted. Readouts on PCMaster 1.1.5 are good.
1.2.5 never worked and it was all in Chinese anyway. Duh.

Daly are changing the firmware and software far too often! 3 times in a few month - no wonder many are having issues.

They have offered me a 2nd replacement (Original packed up, replacement packed up within 30 minutes?, and now maybe another on the way - but i still have not seen any refund for the 2 failed units. I have told them to refund me for the 2 faulty units and then i will order the new one. - long story of order anad we will change the price to basically zero - but never happened!) Very strange way of doing business in my opinion.

The good news is that if a firmware upgrade fails!!! you can revert back by loading the previous version assuming you had the file in the 1st place.
Dont trash any of those older files, just in case.

What is perhaps worse is that their PCMaster software V 1.2.5 does not show up any English - only Chinese!
I have upgrade the only working BMS as requested from Daly from 2021021-1.01T to what WAS the upgrade which worked, then the 20210222-1.01T which consequently saw the BMS acting up with error messages and neither software V 1.1.5 or 1.2.5 giving any readouts.
I decided to try and 'Upgrade' back to th eprevious version and thank g### that was accepted. Readouts on PCMaster 1.1.5 are good.
1.2.5 never worked and it was all in Chinese anyway. Duh.

Daly are changing the firmware and software far too often! 3 times in a few month - no wonder many are having issues.

They have offered me a 2nd replacement (Original packed up, replacement packed up within 30 minutes?, and now maybe another on the way - but i still have not seen any refund for the 2 failed units. I have told them to refund me for the 2 faulty units and then i will order the new one. - long story of order anad we will change the price to basically zero - but never happened!) Very strange way of doing business in my opinion.

The good news is that if a firmware upgrade fails!!! you can revert back by loading the previous version assuming you had the file in the 1st place.
Dont trash any of those older files, just in case.
I cant get an answer from them as to where i get updated firmware. Also when trying to deal with them with issues i just get the same questions asked back to me on a loop. Have told them i want a refund for all the issues im having and i just get asked “is it working” over and over.

You can download the latest PC software here. It is 1.2.8.e

Original Daly Download Link

The language you can set here:

1621749975957.png

I have no problem with my 16S / 250A DALY Smart BMS with firmware 20210222-1. I read every second all necessary data from the BMS via RS485 with my M5Stack and convert the data for the SOLIS Hybrid Inverter and send it via CAN to the SOLIS. This has been working for several weeks now without interruption. I am very happy with this configuration.

You can download the latest PC software here. It is 1.2.8.e

Original Daly Download Link

The language you can set here:

View attachment 50091

I have no problem with my 16S / 250A DALY Smart BMS with firmware 20210222-1. I read every second all necessary data from the BMS via RS485 with my M5Stack and convert the data for the SOLIS Hybrid Inverter and send it via CAN to the SOLIS. This has been working for several weeks now without interruption. I am very happy with this configuration.
do you know where to get updated firmware for the bms? like when they bugfix

There is no download page from DALY. You have to contact DALY support. But it takes a lot of work (email) until you get the new firmware from them....

This is the latest firmware I received directly from DALY support. I have only installed and tested it on my 16S 250A DALY Smart BMS (hardware version: DL-BMS-R32-01E) and it runs very, very stable. No problem at all for me. I use the RS485 communication port every second to read some important data.

Attached You find the actual Firmware. Hope it helps. Use the newest PC Software 1.2.8 to install it.

1621754266793.png

Attachments

• DalyBmsApp_20210222.zip
    70.6 KB · Views: 55
There is no download page from DALY. You have to contact DALY support. But it takes a lot of work (email) until you get the new firmware from them....

This is the latest firmware I received directly from DALY support. I have only installed and tested it on my 16S 250A DALY Smart BMS (hardware version: DL-BMS-R32-01E) and it runs very, very stable. No problem at all for me. I use the RS485 communication port every second to read some important data.

Attached You find the actual Firmware. Hope it helps. Use the newest PC Software 1.2.8 to install it.

View attachment 50094
will the same firmware work on the 8s 400a smart bms?

I do not know. But if the hardwareversion ist the same, i think so... HD-Version: DL-BMS-R32-01E

I cant get an answer from them as to where i get updated firmware. Also when trying to deal with them with issues i just get the same questions asked back to me on a loop. Have told them i want a refund for all the issues im having and i just get asked “is it working” over and over.
I've been using Daly Official store to buy and subsequently obtaining new replacements - waiting for the THIRD one coming on 3 weeks time.
Daly offical store Joyce, seems to have language issues which i can understand. But their system i not like our western world for sure. Very thrustrating but i've held back my frustrations - and i am very slowly, getting replacements. If this next unit fails - i'm off and will be looking for non chinese build. Found one that Will has recently shown - American company, but they admit its made in China.

I've been using Daly Official store to buy and subsequently obtaining new replacements - waiting for the THIRD one coming on 3 weeks time.
Daly offical store Joyce, seems to have language issues which i can understand. But their system i not like our western world for sure. Very thrustrating but i've held back my frustrations - and i am very slowly, getting replacements. If this next unit fails - i'm off and will be looking for non chinese build. Found one that Will has recently shown - American company, but they admit its made in China.
yes i have found the response from daly to be well.... useless. i present issues and all i get is the same 2 questions back. stuck in a loop.

Sounds like then your unit is faulty.
i tried all the online methods that i am now sure were for the older or non smart models and none worked, even the button o the light board did not activate the bms.
In the end following the reallllllly bad instructions in order and deciphering that they meant to use diode mode to activate the bms and the resistance check does not activate the bms its just to check for a fault.
I spend like 5-6 hours every time i needed to re activate trying to get it to work untill i found this.
I also found if it failed to activate the first time i would ned to unplug and let it sit for about 10 mins for the caps to discharge and reset the memory inside as i think if you do it wrong the bms wont activate as i goes into some sort of protection mode. i think,

yes i have found the response from daly to be well.... useless. i present issues and all i get is the same 2 questions back. stuck in a loop.

Sounds like then your unit is faulty.
i tried all the online methods that i am now sure were for the older or non smart models and none worked, even the button o the light board did not activate the bms.
In the end following the reallllllly bad instructions in order and deciphering that they meant to use diode mode to activate the bms and the resistance check does not activate the bms its just to check for a fault.
I spend like 5-6 hours every time i needed to re activate trying to get it to work untill i found this.
I also found if it failed to activate the first time i would ned to unplug and let it sit for about 10 mins for the caps to discharge and reset the memory inside as i think if you do it wrong the bms wont activate as i goes into some sort of protection mode. i think,
Similar story here timmeh. I left the unit disconnected over night hoping that caps would discharge, any memory would disipate but it still would not fire up. The Instructions are dismal and simple. No problem solving on the simplest level either.
Then the software is showing (at least on mine) 60% plus chinese!!
Waiting for my 3rd replacement unit to arrive.

Have checked every wire 7 or 8 times now!! i must be getting bored - but no faults of any kind.
Good luck m8

Back