diy solar

diy solar

DALY Smart BMS question

That is a Daly BMS, except for mine came set at 47 for MOS protect. Easiest thing to do is put the temperature sensor in ice cold water while charging. It should stop allowing current into the battery. It shows that it stopped at least once. The current meter on my power supply drops to zero when tested like that, yours should too. I didn't look at the little switch when I tested mine, but I live in Phoenix, so I only tested it once. I have watched it turn on and off for the high cell voltage disconnect.
Ok. We got wicked cold last night, and the chg MOS did open. I have turned on my pack heater. Its@7°c, and rising. Previously it restarted at 10°, so, we wait. This is the first sun we've had in days. Next, I need to see if the ice will come off the panels on it's own. I live near Houston, tx, and when I decided to go lifepo4, I thought " How often will I see freeze?"? It's -11°c outside right now:(

Ok. We got wicked cold last night, and the chg MOS did open. I have turned on my pack heater. Its@7°c, and rising. Previously it restarted at 10°, so, we wait. This is the first sun we've had in days. Next, I need to see if the ice will come off the panels on it's own. I live near Houston, tx, and when I decided to go lifepo4, I thought " How often will I see freeze?"? It's -11°c outside right now:(
Yes, I'm in the Phoenix area, we did have a water pipe freeze (technically a pressure regulator) about 15 years ago, of course it is uninsulated and outside about 3 feet above the ground.

Hello , please help. . .
I have bought a Daly BMS 4S 12V 200A
Unclear instructions found on Daly site do not show which ports to plug in the Bluetooth dongle or the temperature probe.
Anyone able to clear that up ? thanks

Hello , please help. . .
I have bought a Daly BMS 4S 12V 200A
Unclear instructions found on Daly site do not show which ports to plug in the Bluetooth dongle or the temperature probe.
Anyone able to clear that up ? thanks
There are pictures with arrows on the first page of this thread. Temperature sensor plugs into port labeled "NTC", and Bluetooth plugs into port labeled "UART".

I don't pretend to be an expert. But I also connect everything after the BMS

Also, should my Victron Smartshunt be hooked up before or after the BMS? thanks
I put the shunt between my battery and the BMS to account for the BMS consumption. If you're using screens etc the consumption becomes more than insignificant, and I want all usage accounted for.

If you buy the Daly make sure you also buy the dodgy little "display panel" as well as the touch screen. The touch display is great for seeing state and also for doing most settings. But you can't "wake up" the BMS... The little display panel can. For a few dollars well worth it. Oh and on mine I can't run bluetooth and the touch display as they use the same port. So only one or the other. :-(

PS And low temp and high temp cut off work fine, I accidentally tested it.. by setting to +20c, took me awhile to work out why it kept shutting down.
Did you find a solution to waking it up?

Back