Daly smart BMS shows very high Current without discharging

NiJunge

Hi all

I have now looked carefully through old questions And I cant seem to find something like this . I just build a solar power system with 400W PV and a LiFePo4 280Ah 24 V battery 8 cells.

I have a Daly Smart BMS with the app working and on the face of it everything seems fine , I found a place here where a voltage difference with almost full battery could be somewhat different and yes one is down but this is not what my question is about (yet)

When I look at the app it say current -143,5 A !!! sum volt 26,4 V thats over 2000 w and nothing is getting hot and only one tiny LED lamp is attached to the system.
Has anyone seen something like that

Im 99% sure that wirring is done corrctly of course some loose connection could be there but I dont think so.

Attachments

• P_20220403_115238.jpg
    P_20220403_115238.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220403-134251837.jpg
    Screenshot_20220403-134251837.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220403-142206638.jpg
    Screenshot_20220403-142206638.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 3

OTRwSolar

Solar Enthusiast
Have you verified the actual load with a clamp-on ammeter or an external shunt?

We had inaccurate current readouts with our Daly 4S 200a Smart BMS. We calibrated both "Work" and "Zero" current using Sinowealth (Windows desktop app). I would assume the same could be done with the 8S Daly. Either charge or discharge current can be used for calibration purposes. Suggest using a current level where you desire the most accuracy.

Very important: if using discharge current to calibrate a Daly BMS (with Sinowealth) be sure to preface the entry with a neg (-) sign. A positive value (for discharge current) will reverse the protection logic (and current flow through the discharge/charge mosfets), resulting in no high current protection.

Last edited:

NiJunge

Thanks a lot I did not know the Sinowealth app so I will surely try that ASAP and think I will disconect the solar panels and then discarge and make sure to have the negative on, I believe I can control the values best that way.

Thanks OTRwSolar

NiJunge

Still have some problems guys .

What I have done so far.

I found on the SMART BMS android app that it has a Zero drift curr calibration so I disconnected solar and discharging units and whent that way . NOTHING happend still displaying -139 A Current.

Installed Sinwealth and connected PC via Uart USB cable but even though it claimed to be connected no data came through. Tryed All COM ports no dice.

Any good advice ?

OTRwSolar

Solar Enthusiast
Still have some problems guys .

What I have done so far.

I found on the SMART BMS android app that it has a Zero drift curr calibration so I disconnected solar and discharging units and whent that way . NOTHING happend still displaying -139 A Current.

Installed Sinwealth and connected PC via Uart USB cable but even though it claimed to be connected no data came through. Tryed All COM ports no dice.

Any good advice ?
Since you have an 8s Daly, you may need to use PC Master instead of Sinowealth. This link from currentconnected.com may help.

NiJunge

Thanks for that OTRwSolar that worked so far as to get connected

1649943478506.png
But as I hit Current 0A callibration it just stays at -133A . I have tryed to restart as well . Im not sure what the red squeres mean ;-)