diy solar

diy solar

DALY Smart BMS SOC Issues

BOFH

Hi All

Having a strange issue with my 250A Daly Smart BMS SOC.

I have an 8s 230MAH battery connected to it, and its all connected through a MPP solar all in one 3kw unit

The SOC gradually creeps higher and higher over several days vs the pack / cell voltage and I have to keep resetting it back (rough guess based on cell voltage when no load and discharged down to the lowest i run it to)

Its constantly charging or discharging at the moment with all the sunshine as its used to run a small crypto miner. Typically it will kick over to battery abut 9am when it hits 27v and back over to mains early evening at 24.5V (this should be around 14% SOC), over the period of a few days the 24.5V will SOC stated by the BMS will gradually increase, probably about 5% a day, every three or 4 days I reset it. I have enough solar to run the miner and charge the battery at the same time, so it gradually charges while the sun is shining and then drains the battery down in the evening.

If I don't keep resetting the battery the SOC hits 100% along time before its actually charged and the protection cuts in and stops it charging, ive seen it as high as 45% SOC @ 24.5V before I reset it.

If i look at the parameter readings it shows cumulative charge as 17430 AH and Discharge as 15589 AH, so it looks like there is a big discrepancy between what's gone in vs what's come out which obviously there shouldn't be.

Has anyone else come across this issue and has a solution?
Or is there an alternate BMS I should look at, needs to be 125A 8S and have USB connection for monitoring / changing settings

Thanks

I had the same issue with one of my 3 daly bms. I believe it is a fake daly brand and there is no solution. The two others show correct SOC without any issue.

Hi All

Having a strange issue with my 250A Daly Smart BMS SOC.

I have an 8s 230MAH battery connected to it, and its all connected through a MPP solar all in one 3kw unit

The SOC gradually creeps higher and higher over several days vs the pack / cell voltage and I have to keep resetting it back (rough guess based on cell voltage when no load and discharged down to the lowest i run it to)

Its constantly charging or discharging at the moment with all the sunshine as its used to run a small crypto miner. Typically it will kick over to battery abut 9am when it hits 27v and back over to mains early evening at 24.5V (this should be around 14% SOC), over the period of a few days the 24.5V will SOC stated by the BMS will gradually increase, probably about 5% a day, every three or 4 days I reset it. I have enough solar to run the miner and charge the battery at the same time, so it gradually charges while the sun is shining and then drains the battery down in the evening.

If I don't keep resetting the battery the SOC hits 100% along time before its actually charged and the protection cuts in and stops it charging, ive seen it as high as 45% SOC @ 24.5V before I reset it.

If i look at the parameter readings it shows cumulative charge as 17430 AH and Discharge as 15589 AH, so it looks like there is a big discrepancy between what's gone in vs what's come out which obviously there shouldn't be.

Has anyone else come across this issue and has a solution?
Or is there an alternate BMS I should look at, needs to be 125A 8S and have USB connection for monitoring / changing settings

Thanks
were you able to resolve this?.
at soc issue, so daly bms throttles charging if soc is reading 100%, not withstanding that battery voltage is below 3.3v per cell?. can someone verify this?

No. Ive had to change the SOC every few days in the settings to stop the BMS cutting the charging off due to 100% SOC. Just fitted a JK BMS today, no SOC limits only voltage so hopefully that will solve my issues.

Not sure if there is a fault, or its due to the input / output current often been very close that causes the issue. Got an error on the JK when the input and output is within a few amps, but reading on here that's normal and can be ignored. As I no longer had a SOC limit in the JK hopefully will not cause an issue.

Back