diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart bms touchscreen

Mgmuzza

Got myself a daly 100a smart bms and touch screen and was wandering if anyone had the same and encountered any of these problems

it’s all in Chinese which is a pita ! Not a clue how to change

and from what I’ve deciphered it looks like the bms has been used as says 282 cycles and keeps raising without doing a charge cycle

the parameters screen won’t let me change anything

Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 31
Done some more research and looks like programming isn’t possible from the screen only via laptop

Presumably the screen uses rs485 and what looks like a cable for this was included (not the adapter tho)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 37
In the reviews of the Daly on Ali I saw also one reporting he got the screen in Chinese.
I understood he got his money back since he complained it was advertised in English.
I understand that comment is not really helping ;-).
And it remains surprising how it is not possible from the information shared by Chinese suppliers to understand what you can expect. I still didn't find a description of what their touchscreen can do.

Side question; did you also get the Bluetooth module?

In the reviews of the Daly on Ali I saw also one reporting he got the screen in Chinese.
I understood he got his money back since he complained it was advertised in English.
I understand that comment is not really helping ;-).
And it remains surprising how it is not possible from the information shared by Chinese suppliers to understand what you can expect. I still didn't find a description of what their touchscreen can do.

Side question; did you also get the Bluetooth module?
I’ve actually managed to get the screen into English if anyone needs to know how il have to write it down

can’t adjust any settings on the screen from what I can tell

no Bluetooth I’ve tried programming via rs485 to no avail so I’ve got a uart converter on the way to try the uart port

Sorry; I don't understand what you mean. You mean all of these parameters can be configured via Bluetooth?
Not all of the parameters available to be set are accessed thru the touchscreen. The complete list is in the photo I uploaded, that is the touchscreen list. In the BT app, you will find many more parameters than can be set. I would not just buy the touchscreen and think I had all capability to set parameters or do a zero current calibration because that can only be done thru BT or the PC app.

I have the 150A, (pre-programmed to accept 125A charge) with display and BT.

Mine came with a "free" "light board) (5 LEDs to show SOC) that has a power button, so easy to turn on.

Depending on the build version you can, or can not set settings via display and/or BT.

On older versions it's a role of the dice what will work.
All can be configured via PC and monitored via BT and display.

Usually one doesn't change settings much, so it isn't really a problem.

I’ve actually managed to get the screen into English if anyone needs to know how il have to write it down

can’t adjust any settings on the screen from what I can tell

no Bluetooth I’ve tried programming via rs485 to no avail so I’ve got a uart converter on the way to try the uart port
How did you get it to english...I can't flash the unit...thx in advance

Back