diy solar

diy solar

DALY Smart BMS Troubleshooting

Lord-Obsidian

Hello guys,

I'm Daniel and new here and not a native speaker so please accept my apologies if I can't express myself clearly.

I built myself two 12V 280Ah LiFePo4 Batteries (4S) connected in parallel for a DIY RV.

I use two 150A Daly smart common port BMS.

I initially balanced all eight cells to 3.65V and set up the battery for initial capacity test with a 12V fridge. It has been running for almost two weeks now and Voltage is still at 13.0 V for the whole system. I checked via BT and app the cells every day.

Today one BMS stopped working, only the second one was discharged from the fridge and BT was off on the faulty one. (the fridge draws about 4A every other hour for a couple minutes, the app doesn't even show any Amps or a change in SOC at all). Anyway the second bms didn't allow charge, discharge or connect via BT. So I restarted it by pulling the balance lead and reconnect after a little while and then charged for 10 seconds ( still on a capacity test here).

Now it works again. Cell Voltages are fine and way above protection (3.24V). It's 21 degrees Celsius, there was not a lot of power drawn... I just have no clue why it stopped working...

Any ideas on how to find that out?

This is unbearable for usage tbh, the place is supposed to be placed in the RV does not give good access despite the box I built even gives worse acces to the cable.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Greetings from Germany
Daniel

Nobody?

Despite my problem above. For my capacity test I let it run into discharge low voltage protect so I'd know how much the Battery really has (the batterycomputer saves it even if it's shut down then)

So of course the BMS both went to protection mode. I wasn't expecting them to turn off then. Adding charge they woke up. No Fault Alarm.

Is there a log to someway to find out why it turned off? (I know why but in the case mentioned above I didn't)

It seemed they really shut off, because when I was able to reconnect, it showed all kinds of weird stuff for a second (Max Volt 5, 13 Batterycells, description in Chinese) then it went back to normal.

Back