diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS

Ray angle

Hello, Dose anyone have any experience with the new Daly smart BMS. I am interested in the Daly 18650 smart LiFePO4 4S BMS 12V 80A 150A 250A Bluetooth 485 to USB. they are listed as 18650 but I am assuming they are also suitable for prismatic cells also. I have requested the full specification and operation manual but have not received any thing back as yet. Inquiry was made to the "official Daly store".

I remember seeing another thread about it ..... should be able to find it with a search.

Does anyone know where to get the bluetooth module for the daly smartbms? I looked on aliexpress and can't seem to find it.

I have seen the option on the "Daly official store" listed as pic5 in the optional extras in the smart BMS section, caution though with the carraige for he optional extra's

I have a 250 amp 4s Daly Smart BMS. and cannot get it to display on the PC USING UART connection.
The USB installs correctly according to windows 10, it appears in com ports in device manager as installed correctly.
The PC programme installs, reconises the com port, the programme turns green but no data is displayed.
any ideas?

The cells I havnt charged yet from Ali express they look good new, voltage 2.98 - 3v price approx $us430.00 180 ah 12.8v delivered to my door in Australia except terminal screws shockingly small dia 4-5 mm, so drilled thru centre of buzz bars and put in 6mm studs, still have to do capacity test but would like the BMS showing the data.

Attachments

• Daly app.jpg
    Daly app.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 240
  • daly 2.jpg
    daly 2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 225
  • daly 3.jpg
    daly 3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 252
  • daly 4.jpg
    daly 4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 256
I have a 250 amp 4s Daly Smart BMS. and cannot get it to display on the PC USING UART connection.
The USB installs correctly according to windows 10, it appears in com ports in device manager as installed correctly.
The PC programme installs, reconises the com port, the programme turns green but no data is displayed.
any ideas?
Hi,
I'm on the same boat. Couldn't get UART to work(using original uart cable from Daly).
Tried using WireShark to sniff data from the communication. i can only see TX data from the PC software but no RX data from BMS.
RX Pin on BMS measured High(3.3v), i assume it should be Low(0v). At least RX pin is Low on other brand BMS(JDB BMS).
Could be firmware issue?

Thankyou Richard, Daly is saying there is no problem and have had me test all connections and said nothing wrong with the BMS.
I am not getting anywhere with Daly yet, But have ordered the Bluetooth module and their display screen , but will probably take 3 weeks to get here.

I’ll speak to them tomorrow and try to get this issue escalated to their engineer, she probably doesn’t know much of technical details

<rant> It is just too frustrating to deal with Daly. They do respond to messages on AliBaba but their listings are extremely confusing (why the heck they have to put in the same listing a bunch of devices with completely different specs?) and the information they have is very strange (i.e., why would they put a low temp cut off for charging at -7C when EVERYBODY says you should not charge LiFePO4 below 0C?, and their default cut-off voltages are all over the place). Sorry, the build appears to be good quality but the complete neglect of good practices makes me want something else.

i have managed to talk to their engineer today.
There are two issues preventing the UART communication.
1. BMS need to be activated by charging with high current(10A+) or use tweezer short the pins labeled key and ground to fully activate the BMS.
2. There are two versions of Smart BMS. And their UART protocols aren't compatible. If the software "DalyBMS" isn't working, you will need to speak to their support to send you their internal program, which basically is a software talking different protocols.

Richard, Did Daly send you their internal program and your all up and running now?

Richard, Did Daly send you their internal program and your all up and running now?
Yes, everything is good, except, there is no protocol document available.
Just ask for a different program, they will send you the instructions and software.
(make sure you give them a non-gmail email address)

Initially I provided my gmail address, but I can’t receive the mail even they said they have sent. So I used my work email, and I got the email with instructions and software.

Daly 250a shows com3/6 to connect serial ports fine, but doesn't show RS485 UART USB as option to connect

Also BT connects with DalyBMS android app, shows SOC and currents, but can't set parameters cause requires a password, and its not 123456, I also have NTC cable and will check low temp shutoff works?

Back