diy solar

diy solar

Data extraction from inverters

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply and the image.

Looking way better than my efforts ?
The grafana creds working and I found your dashboard, WOW.

The default pi login does not work, I will try pi and olivetti later and report back.

Thanks again Dave, brill work I do like the way you get the data from the Sofar, looking very quick even on a pi zero 2.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Regards (from another Dave)
The login for the raspberry pi is the default, username=pi password=raspberry

Hi Dave,
No, the default "username=pi password=raspberry" does not work.

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply and the image.

Looking way better than my efforts ?
The grafana creds working and I found your dashboard, WOW.

The default pi login does not work, I will try pi and olivetti later and report back.

Thanks again Dave, brill work I do like the way you get the data from the Sofar, looking very quick even on a pi zero 2.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Regards (from another Dave)
So just looking at this image and loaded it up , Grafana loads but can't find dashboard

So will the Sofar image work with Solis? Not getting any readings, not sure if that's an issue with telling the pi which usb the 485 stick is using

So when connecting this to the stick rs485, do connect A to A , B to B ? Or do they need to cross over like rs232?

so close yet so far.. all booted up, and connected as discussed. no data showing on Grafana . I have the wifi stick disconnected and I have connected straight into the molex, yellow and blue. AB to the same usb stick as you. i have tried all 4 usb ports... lsusb lists device as shown

graf.png
pi485.png

further investigation is showing my rs485 stick as TTY USB0 should this be USB1?

I welcome any help, many thanks

Attachments

• tty.png
    tty.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
so close yet so far.. all booted up, and connected as discussed. no data showing on Grafana . I have the wifi stick disconnected and I have connected straight into the molex, yellow and blue. AB to the same usb stick as you. i have tried all 4 usb ports... lsusb lists device as shown

View attachment 92833
View attachment 92832

further investigation is showing my rs485 stick as TTY USB0 should this be USB1?

I welcome any help, many thanks
ok, went into node red, serial and clicked serial, and selected usb0... now looks as if the mqtt is not connecting? just a thought as it stays on connecting.

Attachments

• mqtt.png
    mqtt.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 29
  • node_serial.png
    node_serial.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 26
updated the sertalking.pngial port to usb 0 and manually started mqtt (now showing connected) still no data on the grafanna page .. looks like we are talking ;)

It doesn't use MQTT, that is for a separate output double check that your USB to RS485 doesnt have the A & B swapped over, try connecting a to b and b to a

Just downloaded the Solis image and installed it on a RP4, loads up to the login prompt and I've tried using the default credentials but they dont appear to work. Have they changed?

PS New to the site and I'm glad I've joined.

Just downloaded the Solis image and installed it on a RP4, loads up to the login prompt and I've tried using the default credentials but they dont appear to work. Have they changed?

What login, Grafana? is admin and olivetti

Hi have you enable SSH on the pi ?
PS sorry I don't use this image so not able to check if it's enabled by default.

Back