diy solar

diy solar

Daughter needs a solution.

Jchance

My daughter in NY has a sump pump connected to her French drain in her basement. It works great but she needs a backup solution. I don’t have the specs on the pump. I’m pretty sure it’s a little giant.

When I moved to florida, 6 years ago, I gave her and husband a nice gasoline powered generator that had about 200 hours on it. Of course no one ever started or maintained it. Now with all this flooding she’s real nervous about loosing power. Does anyone have an all in one solution? Like a solar gen that would act as a UPS?

Sorry I don’t have the spec’s on the pump, asking them to open the pit and find some numbers is a stretch! I thought, perhaps someone on this forum could have a solution. It has to be something robust and simple, plug UPS into the wall outlet and forget it.

The original pump had a separate wet battery and inverter sump pump system, but went bad a long time ago. The pit was moved and new pump was installed about 10 years ago. Installer didn’t recommend another battery backup system, he said he had too many issues with them.

Back