diy solar

diy solar

Dazed and Confused Bluetti AC200P/MAX Minimum Solar Panel Requirements

Panther

Hi All,
New to the Forum and All Things Solar, I've been reading and watching as much as I can
about the Bluetti AC200P and AC200P MAX, and noticed that the newer model Max had
dropped it's Solar Power requirements for the MPPT Voltage Range down to 10-145VDC from 35V-150V, If I'm understanding that correctly.

So, my question is, we are planning on having this as a Battery Backup for our Home, and after the Ice Storm Debacle In Texas
last year, we're very spooky about a repeat. As we're older and less adaptable (trying to be nice) We/ I have been looking into
a back up system to help sustain us for a while when the power starts going off and on. So, since the new 200 MAX is showing you
can use 10volts, could this be operated on less solar panels if needed instead of say 3 of the SP120 or PV120's needed for the 200P ?

Sorry if this is not put correctly and hope y'all can figure out what I'm asking ;-)

Thanks, Take Care, Be Safe,
CK

So, my question is, we are planning on having this as a Battery Backup for our Home, and after the Ice Storm Debacle In Texas
last year, we're very spooky about a repeat. As we're older and less adaptable (trying to be nice) We/ I have been looking into
a back up system to help sustain us for a while when the power starts going off and on. So, since the new 200 MAX is showing you
can use 10volts, could this be operated on less solar panels if needed instead of say 3 of the SP120 or PV120's needed for the 200P ?

There were complaints that the AC200Ps minimum of 35V charging prevented it from being charged by a single solar panel. So they changed the charging rate of the AC200Max to 10-145.

There were complaints that the AC200Ps minimum of 35V charging prevented it from being charged by a single solar panel. So they changed the charging rate of the AC200Max to 10-145.
Thanks Very Much Bryan, I was certainly hoping that was the case and I'd read that correctly. Not saying that the power of having
3 of the panels working wasn't a good thing, it's just at this time in our Lives 1200 for 3 panels was a little over our budget.
Take Care, Be Safe, and Well,
Craig

Thanks Very Much Bryan, I was certainly hoping that was the case and I'd read that correctly. Not saying that the power of having
3 of the panels working wasn't a good thing, it's just at this time in our Lives 1200 for 3 panels was a little over our budget.
Craig
I have a ac200max and held off on the ac200p due to the 35v requirement.
You don’t have to use Bluetti panels. You can buy good 100watt panels for less than 100 each on amazon. The portables don’t seem to perform very well, I tried 2 different ones (100&120watt) and returned them because they only produced just over half of rating in IDEAL conditions. Maybe Bluetti’s are better, I don’t know butbthey are pricey per watt even when on “sale”.
Consider at least 3 panels to get a good charge since each panel will typically only produce 50 to 90% of rated wattage depending on conditions, and less as they age. Definitely less if cloudy, rain or snow etc.
To run your house you really should have a bigger system though. But it should at least run your fridge and internet modem, tv, and an led lamp or 2 etc for a couple days, or indefinitely if you have good sun after a storm passes.

Good luck
ps could always get a 2 or 3 higher wattage (like 200 or 300 watt) panels as well and still be well below the $1200 you mentioned.

Last edited:
I have a ac200max and held off on the ac200p due to the 35v requirement.
You don’t have to use Bluetti panels. You can buy good 100watt panels for less than 100 each on amazon. The portables don’t seem to perform very well, I tried 2 different ones (100&120watt) and returned them because they only produced just over half of rating in IDEAL conditions. Maybe Bluetti’s are better, I don’t know butbthey are pricey per watt even when on “sale”.
Consider at least 3 panels to get a good charge since each panel will typically only produce 50 to 90% of rated wattage depending on conditions, and less as they age. Definitely less if cloudy, rain or snow etc.
To run your house you really should have a bigger system though. But it should at least run your fridge and internet modem, tv, and an led lamp or 2 etc for a couple days, or indefinitely if you have good sun after a storm passes.

Good luck
ps could always get a 2 or 3 higher wattage (like 200 or 300 watt) panels as well and still be well below the $1200 you mentioned.
Thanks So Much for your Reply and Info. I kept wondering if Bluetti might do a firmware change and drop the
wattage down on the AC200P which would be great for us as an Emergency Backup. I realize that for those that
are using it for their Power would be needing more powerful or more solar panels. Do you have any of the Home Model
Solar Panels that you'd recommend for me to look at. I'd thought about using them but when looking it's like
there's so many, and so many applications that I got Lost ;-) Which isn't that hard these days but it is kind of frustrating when
trying to learn and figure out a system to put together.

I hope and Pray that we never lose power like the Folks around us Last Year, but if so, at least I feel we could stay
comfortable for several days, with the 200MAX if used wisely and sparingly.

Thanks again, Take Care, Be Safe, and Well,

CK

Thanks So Much for your Reply and Info. I kept wondering if Bluetti might do a firmware change and drop the
wattage down on the AC200P which would be great for us as an Emergency Backup. I realize that for those that
are using it for their Power would be needing more powerful or more solar panels. Do you have any of the Home Model
Solar Panels that you'd recommend for me to look at. I'd thought about using them but when looking it's like
there's so many, and so many applications that I got Lost ;-) Which isn't that hard these days but it is kind of frustrating when
trying to learn and figure out a system to put together.

I hope and Pray that we never lose power like the Folks around us Last Year, but if so, at least I feel we could stay
comfortable for several days, with the 200MAX if used wisely and sparingly.

Thanks again, Take Care, Be Safe, and Well,

CK
I think Rich Solar, Renogy, Hqst, Newpowa, are a few Will Prowse has reviewed that are ok, but I’m sure there are plenty of others like BougeRV that are ok. Just looked on amazon, cyber monday deals on panels, some under 75 and $80 each for 100w Panels!

I think Rich Solar, Renogy, Hqst, Newpowa, are a few Will Prowse has reviewed that are ok, but I’m sure there are plenty of others like BougeRV that are ok. Just looked on amazon, cyber monday deals on panels, some under 75 and $80 each for 100w Panels!
Thanks, I'll look those up, I'm starting to get a better understanding of what we do or don't need. Since I can take it out of the garage and
put them out, then it will open up a lot more options vs folks having to haul them around with them and store them.

Thanks again, Take Care, Be Safe,
CK

Hi,
I really appreciate all the info and examples, it makes things a lot clearer. I do think that
having a couple of panels would be the smartest and best idea for if/when we really need it. Have to say
getting older really makes things where you want to be comfortable and safe much more than when I was
young.
I saw where most of the non-foldable ones don't weigh that much and I think I can manage moving them out of
the garage to set them in the Sun.

Thanks for the Link, always like checking things out and learning.

CK

Back