diy solar

diy solar

DC equivalent for ATS

McKinneyTXSolar

Hello, thanks to Will & everyone on this forum for all the great videos & information! I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I have been searching and I can't find information on this topic.

I'm setting up my first small home solar system as a 24v system to run my home networking equipment, wifi, internet connection, NAS, etc.. I'm able to run everything off 24v DC (or 12v for some devices) without an inverter for efficiency. I will size my system for 24+ hours without sun but I would like to be able to fail over to AC just in case without having to re-wire all my equipment to support AC or having to manually switch over to AC.

In researching this I can't figure out how this is done. I don't see an ATS for DC where you could fail over to AC if the battery is low.

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this!

I don't see an ATS for DC where you could fail over to AC if the battery is low.
I just use a a variable PSU set at just above the lowest voltage setting you want to go down with diodes on the leads out for protection.
You must take in consideration the 80% efficiency and being on all the time to see if this solution works for you.

Back