diy solar

diy solar

DC POWER SUPLY help!

Kan2

Hi! I’m still learning a lot. Thanks will!

Anyways right now I’m messing around with a peltier module 12v 6amps max 72 watts, I’m trying to get the max wattage out of it but with my small batteries I can’t seem to do it. So my question is: this able to mimic a solar system with an output of 12v 72w? This is the recommended tool from Wills website but I never used before. I don’t want to invest in a battery/mppt/etc etc only to watch my experiment fail. So would this device help me? Does this even make sense?

DC Power Supply, Dr.meter 30V/10A Multifunctional and Switching DC Regulated Power Supply with 4-Digits LED Display and 5V/2A USB Interface, Alligator Leads US Power Cord for Laboratory, 3 Terminals

that’s the tool from Wills website. Copied the name from Amazon. From my very limited knowledge I should be able to set the voltage at 12.8 and set the amps at around 6 or so to max out the peltier module.

Last edited:
What is existing rating of the batteries you are using right now?
The load will try to draw 6A at 12VDC, if the power supply can do it then should be no problem, you should draw about 80% of the power supply current rating so it will run cooler and not stress out the power supply, you also should also use good good size wire gauge and and good terminals to reduce Vdrops on the wires and the terminals.
30V 10A power supply shoud be fine for your purpose.

What is existing rating of the batteries you are using right now?
The load will try to draw 6A at 12VDC, if the power supply can do it then should be no problem, you should draw about 80% of the power supply current rating so it will run cooler and not stress out the power supply, you also should also use good good size wire gauge and and good terminals to reduce Vdrops on the wires and the terminals.
30V 10A power supply shoud be fine for your purpose.
Thank you! I really wanna mess around with this module and the easiest way will be that dc power tool!

I appreciate your input.

Back