diy solar

diy solar

Dead Brand New Bluetti EB150

Thanks! I've reached out to Maxoak to see if they can offer any troubleshooting help to help narrow down the issue, and then maybe I could get replacement parts to fix it. Will update if I can figure things out further. Thanks for all the help!

After going back and forth with Maxoak a bit they have suggested that I need to troubleshoot and test the push-pull tubes on the inverter board. I'm not familiar with these and was wondering if anyone had any tips for how to test them? I've attached a picture that they sent me highlighting where to check.

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    979.5 KB · Views: 16
Following this thread. Received a new unit in October, literally the day we had our last public safety power shutoff in northern CA. It worked for less than 24 hours and upon plugging stuff back into it after a day of charging, it just went dead. The vendor sent me a replacement pretty quickly, and told me to just "dispose of the defective unit responsibly". I was pretty shocked they didn't want it back to try and fix it, but now I want to know if there's a way to "harvest" those battery packs to repurpose in a deep cycle scenario. If there are some safe, EASY things I can do to get it working again that would be even better. I am not going to hold my breath, but I am definitely going to exhaust all avenues for recycling as much as I can from this thing.

Following this thread. Received a new unit in October, literally the day we had our last public safety power shutoff in northern CA. It worked for less than 24 hours and upon plugging stuff back into it after a day of charging, it just went dead. The vendor sent me a replacement pretty quickly, and told me to just "dispose of the defective unit responsibly". I was pretty shocked they didn't want it back to try and fix it, but now I want to know if there's a way to "harvest" those battery packs to repurpose in a deep cycle scenario. If there are some safe, EASY things I can do to get it working again that would be even better. I am not going to hold my breath, but I am definitely going to exhaust all avenues for recycling as much as I can from this thing.

It seems to me from hearing stories similar to mine and yours that the quality control at Bluetti is sketchy at best, with brand new units just dying without explanation. I still haven't made it around to testing out the push-pull tubes on the inverter board just yet, partially because I don't actually know how to test them since I'm not familiar with push-pull tubes. I haven't had the time to research it yet though, but that's my first path once I get on it.

As you may have seen earlier in the thread, someone mentioned the cells in these units are the potentially hazardous and explosion prone pouch style, so be very careful of doing anything with the cells themselves. I'll follow up when I finally get around to testing (unless you beat me to it and then be sure to let me know!)

Thanks

Thanks. I have some serious reservations about this hardware after my own experience, which is amplified by the cost associated. One doesn't anticipate a piece of gear that cost half a paycheck to crap out so quickly, for sure.

I am also taking a very cautious approach to any removal or modification of this thing, as I have no electrical experience at all, and would rather not set myself or my house on fire. I think if I could find someone local who had some experience with this kind of thing, I'd be willing to pay a few bucks to have someone else troubleshoot or harvest the batteries.

Hopefully they up their QC game with the new batch of hardware they're releasing.

Back