diy solar

diy solar

Deal on Canadian Solar CS6P-250P Solar Panels

LittleLebowski

Solar Enthusiast
These are 250w panels going for well under $100 apiece. I wasn’t really ready to jump on panels yet, but is this too good to pass up? I’m very new to this, all I have at home is a BLUETTI EB70S and their 100w panel.

These are 250w panels going for well under $100 apiece. I wasn’t really ready to jump on panels yet, but is this too good to pass up? I’m very new to this, all I have at home is a BLUETTI EB70S and their 100w panel.
I see no link. Who is selling them?

I purchased a pallet of used Canadian Solar CS6P-255PX for $50 each back in June of 2020 from SanTan Solar

I would wait to get panels until you fully understand what you want your entire system to consist of instead of just getting panels now because they seem like a good deal. Depending on the equipment you get it may be better to get specific voltage of panels for optimal parallel/series combination for the charge controller or all in one you get.

I would wait to get panels until you fully understand what you want your entire system to consist of instead of just getting panels now because they seem like a good deal. Depending on the equipment you get it may be better to get specific voltage of panels for optimal parallel/series combination for the charge controller or all in one you get.
So one of these wouldn’t be a good idea for charging my EB70S faster while at home? It can only handle 200w via PV, but I had thought the controller could handle it.

So one of these wouldn’t be a good idea for charging my EB70S faster while at home? It can only handle 200w via PV, but I had thought the controller could handle it.
You'd have to provide exact model of panel.. Looking that the EB70S it looks like it can only have max open circuit voltage of 28V. My CS6P-255PX have Voc of 37.4 which would be too high so I am guessing your 250W ones would be too high as well.

You'd have to provide exact model of panel.. Looking that the EB70S it looks like it can only have max open circuit voltage of 28V. My CS6P-255PX have Voc of 37.4 which would be too high so I am guessing your 250W ones would be too high as well.
Thank you, learning has occurred. This also could have easily snowballed into a separate build.

Back