diy solar

diy solar

Decisions, Decisions.

Johneb

Solar Enthusiast
Okay, I did my duty and tried to seRch this out. I have 8 Eve 304a cells. The would be combined into two twelve volt batteries, then seriesed to make a 24v battery. First question. Would this be 4p2s? Next I can get two JBD 200A bms for 125 each., or two 120a for 149 each. This will go into a truck camper that will be getting a 12/24v compressor refrigerator and possibly a 24 volt ac unit as soon as my wife quits giving me the look. Which would be more appropriate?

The battery configuration depends primarily on what system voltage you need/want. For a truck camper, I don't know why you would go 24 volt.

If you really to want to go 24 volt then my recommendation follows what Don said. Built an actual 24 volt 8s battery with a single BMS.

I generally refer to labelling your cells to be the equivalent of assigning names. You appear to be trying to identify cell positions in an 8S battery, right?

If cells, then cell 1 is the first cell on the negative end. Cell 8 would be the cell on the positive end.

In your diagram, I would call the cells and wire them to a BMS as follows:

4 5
3 6
2 7
1 8

You should label your cells so you can take notes on voltages, oddities or whatever. I like using letters because the positions are numbers (and based on where they are in the battery).

D E
C F
B G
A H

Back