diy solar

diy solar

Deep Cycle to lifepo4 cargo trailer build

Zoart

Been researching and can't get a definitive answer, but will apologize in advance. 300 watts with cheap solar charger I know I will need to change. I installed a WFCO WF-8735-P 30 amp RV power center in it with 2 golf cart batteries. Can I simply replace batteries with zooms 100ah battery or must I also change power center?

Been researching and can't get a definitive answer, but will apologize in advance. 300 watts with cheap solar charger I know I will need to change. I installed a WFCO WF-8735-P 30 amp RV power center in it with 2 golf cart batteries. Can I simply replace batteries with zooms 100ah battery or must I also change power center?
You "Should" change the charge controller. You can do a direct swap, but the charge controller will likely only charge the batteries up to 60-70% as lithium requires a higher float voltage. Won't be an issue if you don't use much for power (30-60ah overnight.)

But the RV power center is ok to leave as is?
The zooms teardown I saw from wills video showed a proper BMS. The batteries will go into protection mode if they are over charged or under charged. So theoretically you can swap them over without issue, other than potential for a partial charge. The charge center might think the batteries are full before they are.

I'd recommend waiting for a second opinion before buying them, i'm not an expert

Back