diy solar

diy solar

Deligreen 310Ah cells SCAM

Export shipping in China is subsidized which is why its so cheap. Return shipping is 2x maybe 3x. More expensive, yes. Too costly, well that depends on your agreement before hand.

If you comprehended my post, I advised to talk to the vendor and building the relationship: who is responsible for return shipping if something goes wrong? If they are not willing to cover for their mistakes, thats a red flag.

If its not as described it, you can ask the vendor to cover return shipping. If they are reputable, they will do so. If not, the dispute process may rule in your favor but due to abuse many times will not.

I wanted to avoid embarrassing the OP if they did damage the cells. The BMS picture shows the voltages below 3.65V, I didnt see the 4 V+ others stated. The bloated cells look similar to fully charged, non compressed cells I've seen so I don't know if they are damaged or not.

I said what they should have done as helpful advice to others.

I think the advice you have provided has a lot of value in general .... but I totally agree with Gazoo on the details of the problems with these cells.
The problems the cells have now dwarf the original issue which was mostly that the QR codes were not intact.

Not to try and intentionally burst anyone's bubble, but yeah:

Yes, the electrolyte is a hydrocarbon. It boils if you get it hot enough (like bloated cells from over charging). An excellent way to start a fire is to get something hot enough in a hydrocarbon vapor environment (diesel and gas engines come to mind). Punching a hole in cells will frequently cause a short, thus high temperatures to both boil the hydrocarbon and ignite it. The vent on the top is to prevent them from exploding if you overcharge them. Punching holes in anything storing a kilowatt hour of energy is dangerous.

That said, they are the safest lithium chemistry in broad use, and every bit as safe as lead acid that gives off hydrogen gas when overcharged.

Wheat can also cause explosions in grain elevators, so try to use common sense and take precautions. A smoke detector above your battery is not a bad idea/precaution. You hope it never activates, but just in case.

@Just John , thank you for sharing!
It's the first one I see that really gives LiFePO4 a reaction on puncture that is impressive.

Compared to less safe types, explode, loads of sparks, it's not that exiting, still impressive.

Common sense.
We are having a lot of potential energy captured in small confinement.

If it's gasoline, nitro, or lithium, if you trigger it the right/wrong way (depending on your preference) it will release it's stored energy fast, with matching destructive power.

For your gasoline engine, you channel this, and with additional nitro you even get more power.

It will take me a few years to come up with a proper use of harnessing the release of energy from puncturing LiFePO4 cells :)

Probably better off not to puncture them, and use them as they are.

They claim this was after a full short (no information how long) so even dead/discharged LiFePO4 cells have enough stored to possibly give this reaction.

When the world is covered with old LiFePO4 cells as landfill...
By then we have find a way to reuse that last stored energy..

Not to try and intentionally burst anyone's bubble, but yeah:

BTW, good video. I think it didn't catch fire until the second puncture due to lack of oxygen. The second just allowed enough air to mix with the vapor so it could ignite with the heat caused by the short from the first puncture.

Do you realize that THIS Forum is a GLOBAL Community ?
Racist undertones are NOT well received by the vast majority.
Understand that Sheisters & Scammers and such are also WorldWide and care not where they operate.
The are many GOOD Reputable Vendors as well as "Scum". The experiences with BOTH types of vendors are SHARED HERE for anyone to see.

Please consider the tone / undertone of your posts and be respectable.
nothing racist in that post, you are simply overly sensitive. He simply made comments on why he thought they act the way the do. this is not racist, this is simply his thoughts and you need to chill.

nothing racist in that post, you are simply overly sensitive. He simply made comments on why he thought they act the way the do. this is not racist, this is simply his thoughts and you need to chill.
Lol...I had to do some digging to find what this was all about.

he did start with:

Warning: disgruntled customer who only registered on the Forum to warn others about supplier (and do a little bitching in the process).
This is the outcome of my order from Deligreen (Changsha Deligreen Power Co on Alibaba):

To be honest, I've never seen any other company in any country go as low as the "average Alibaba/Aliexpress salesman".
Slippery snakes trying to avoid any responsibility for the crap they sold and damage made from it.

I guess that goes for most global companies where the term CEO actually means something.
None of them would have made it that big by playing nice.
Biggest difference, they get the big bugs for being absolute irresponsible assholes with no heart at all.
Normal person would not expect this type of lowlifes on a salesfloor... Except perhaps used car salesman or lawyers....
Not customer electronics

I guess pointing it to a E-commerce platform wont make it racist anymore, unless dishonest salespersons with absolutely no honor are a new race :)
G D I hope not.
Then perhaps religious? All for the mighty Dollar/Yen/Euro/Pound?
G D I hope not. :)

One of the good things of this forum is an attempt to filter out the good from the so many bad
and those who are good, deliver quality products and take responsibility on a mishap, will get many new customers via this forum.

Alibaba / Aliexpress isn't just for Chinese re-sellers. You could open an account as well. Many countries in Asia have.
Its origin and way of doing customer support..... is "normal Chinese". When you are in Rome, act like the Romans do.
The thing that totally separated the quality and trustworthy of China and Japan..
Just because the products have gotten better, you no longer need to buy 3 to have one functional product, doesn't make that mentality disappear in the same speed..

After several years living in Asia its clear for me that warranty "doesn't exist" here, its a fantasy from the west.
Here we only have "tail light" warranty, it gets tested at the shop, works, that's it folks.
like one would expect at home from a shady second hand car salesman, with a deal almost too good to be true... :)
(and where the bad ones being burned down online, the good ones getting online kuddo's and new buyers)

Thinking getting European / USA like warranty online from Asia...
Keep on dreaming
perhaps in 10-15 years

Back