diy solar

diy solar

Design Review / Theory Crafting - Truck Camper

fault_tolerance

Hello Everyone! I've been doing some research the past few months and this is one theory I've come up with. I'd love your input and thoughts.

My set up, 2013 Adventurer Truck Camper. Wired for generator, but I don't want to install a generator.

Similar set up to this DIYSOLARFOURM post (sans generator).

Goal/The Why:

To utilize stock / OEM / truck slide camper (2013 Adventurer) manufacturer wiring for 110 outlets.
To run small electronics (laptop, cell phones, blender) and eventually Starlink off grid.

Theory:
Install a Blue Sea 9019 30 amp switch to splice (switch/between) utilize stock/mfg 30 amp shore power cord and Renogy 2000 w Inverter (in lieu of generator). NOTE: When using the “Invertor” selection, air conditioning and microwave will not be used. When not plugged into shore power, the switch will be selector to the “inverter” and power will flow through the Renogy inverter system below (minus the separate DC/DC and MPPT as we’ll be using Renogy’s DC/DC and MPPT combined controller).

Important Info:

The truck camper is pre-wired for a generator, but no generator is installed. My thought is to utilize the existing pre-wiring (and generator compartment) to house the 4 Group 27 lithium batteries.

Main Hardware Components:

- 4 X 100 w Solar Panels
- 1 X Renogy DC/DC – MPPT Controller (truck is equipped with high output alternator)
- 1 X Blue Sea 9009 30 amp power selector switch (Link to product)
- 1 X Renogy 2000 w inverter/charger
- 4 X 100 amp hour lithium batteries.
- 1 X Renogy 500 amp shunt
- 1 X Renogy BT2 Bluetooth controller
- 1 X Circuit breaker (for DC/DC Charging)

Do I need an ATS?

This is similar to my set up, minus the separate DC/DC and MPPT of course.

1672006348018.png

Image of the switch:

1672006638297.png

Do I need an ATS?
The shorepower feeds what is a inverter/charger? How’s N-G handled by the rentogy? Does it switch neutral and ground as well as hot?
Unless you have a generator there’s nothing else to switch in the drawing?

The shorepower feeds what is a inverter/charger? How’s N-G handled by the rentogy? Does it switch neutral and ground as well as hot?
Unless you have a generator there’s nothing else to switch in the drawing?

The Renogy has an automatic automatic N-G connection.

Are you saying that since the Renogy has an internal N-G switch, that I don't need on install another isolator switch (IE: Blue See 9009)
No generator, but the camper is pre-wired for it.

1672009549270.png

1672009617632.png

Attachments

• 1672009361494.png
    1672009361494.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 1
Are you saying that since the Renogy has an internal N-G switch, that I don't need on install another isolator switch
Pretty much.
If when ‘shorepower’ disconnects and if the rentogy does connect N-G then you are good

Last edited:
Back