diy solar

diy solar

Designing my camper system. Need some pointers.

k5nutt

Back when covid hit i was starting to put my GMC Jimmy with Chalet camper together. During the build out of the camper interior i ended up with a Goal Zero 1250 to run the camper as i found it cheap. I then proceeded to buy 8 Bassen 270's. The 100AH 12V Yeti won't quite keep the fridge running all night. The Yeti allows daisy chaining additional batteries to the Yeti. I have 2 12v 120 watt panels on the roof to charge the system as the Yeti limits me to 240w's. I have some what recently built the 8 batteries using Sun Fun V1 kits and they are ready to be put into the system which should be more than enough AH's to keep the fridge running 24/7. I suppose i could stop here but....i really wanted to add air conditioning to the camper. Something like a 12v cruisin comfort split system. When i do that my system i am not sure if the Yeti and said A/C are going to play well together as i will most likely need to add 2 more batteries and more panels. At that point 12v vrs 24v is a choice to be made. I can't quite wrap my head around that choice. Some advice would be awesome. I also installed 2 Furion Connector pass thru's on the back of the camper. 1 for 30a land service and one for additional folding panels. I am unsure how one would plumb in the aux panel wiring unless one has to buy two mppt's.
Is there somewhere where a diagram can be made of a system one is building like a blue print?

Jimmy VA 4th Of July.jpg

DW

Back